Pretty Cool Crash Recovery

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the Superbike School DVD on Amazon for about a fiver and it's pretty good. I saw this pretty gentle crash on there - but I was pretty impressed with the way that James Whitham just slid along and pushed himself up. So I stuck it on Youtube, check it:-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8bG3qDtVQ"]YouTube - Superbike School Motorcycle Crash and Recovery[/ame]

I do like how cool he is about it afterwards - especially seeing as it was recorded duing a show hosted by him! :) He basically said "Yeah my fault, no excuses. Silly really"

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
he did everything correctly except getting up, you always stay down to make sure that you are not more hurt and running on adrenalin, other than that, he got low in case the bike was coming at him, got spread out after the tumbling to eleviate one spot taking all the friction and helping stop the clide faster.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
he did everything correctly except getting up, you always stay down to make sure that you are not more hurt and running on adrenalin, other than that, he got low in case the bike was coming at him, got spread out after the tumbling to eleviate one spot taking all the friction and helping stop the clide faster.

Lol. You must either go down a lot or like to be very prepared in case you do! :rolleyes:

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol. You must either go down a lot or like to be very prepared in case you do! :rolleyes:

We are both corner workers at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. We work the motorcycle races there about 8 weekends a year. We both see lots of crashes. One of the most common things after a crash is someone getting up and starting to walk (or try to lift their bike), not realizing they broke a collarbone or ankle or something.

Very important to do a once-over of yourself before you move.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are both corner workers at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. We work the motorcycle races there about 8 weekends a year. We both see lots of crashes. One of the most common things after a crash is someone getting up and starting to walk (or try to lift their bike), not realizing they broke a collarbone or ankle or something.

Come on dear, I am not a corner worker anymore... I am a corner captain!!! I am the boss of whatever corner i am in!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My favourite bit is at 2.12 when some one says "Its not that bad" referring to the damage.
Its not that bad if you don't have to pay for it lol.

Nelly

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site

Unless you just lowsided on a decreasing right turn. Then use that adren to GTFO the road. cagers running over me is on the bottom of my to do list:thumbup:

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site

I have never heard that before, thanks.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site

OIC. Thanks.