Preferable Crash Protection

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I've crashed a couple of time which shld b really normal :thumbup: . But each time I crash I have to change my slider crash protection :(

My question is do I still get the plastic crash protection which brushes off during the crash OR get an Aluminum crash protection which stays on almost forever.

And if its the aluminum crash protection, what is the impact of the crash on the engine since the aluminum has little cushion effect compared to the plastic

Need help here :confused:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I consider frame slider a "sacrificial" type of protection. Let's face it, when you drop your bike something is going to get broken. I'd rather it was 30 bucks worth of Delrin slider rather than 400 bucks worth of plastic.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I just noticed that you live in Nigeria. Now your post makes a lot more sense.

I lived in Togo (another west African do you consider Nigeria west African? country) and I saw bikes getting beaten left and right. Whether it was potholes that could swallow a child, the rainy season flooding streets, or crashing on your way to the market with 20 chickens strapped to the back, motorcycles in Africa have to be tough. Simply riding a street bike on dirt/gravel roads is a recipe for dumping it.

In your case I'd say yeah, go for something like the aluminum stunt frame. It should do a better job than the delrin sliders at protecting vital parts of the bike (stator and foot controls) and I have a feeling that bike is going to be spending more time on its side than the others on this forum, combined. It's definitely a more durable option too.

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
I just noticed that you live in Nigeria. Now your post makes a lot more sense.

I lived in Togo (another west African do you consider Nigeria west African? country) and I saw bikes getting beaten left and right. Whether it was potholes that could swallow a child, the rainy season flooding streets, or crashing on your way to the market with 20 chickens strapped to the back, motorcycles in Africa have to be tough. Simply riding a street bike on dirt/gravel roads is a recipe for dumping it.

In your case I'd say yeah, go for something like the aluminum stunt frame. It should do a better job than the delrin sliders at protecting vital parts of the bike (stator and foot controls) and I have a feeling that bike is going to be spending more time on its side than the others on this forum, combined. It's definitely a more durable option too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rof:

You reallllllllllly feeeeeeeeel me from afar :D.... U know exactly what we go through being a rider in Nigeria :thumbup:. Here you ride and consider too many things, potholes, reckless drivers, dumb people crossing, sand and gravel on the road and sooo sooo many unknows :D

& for sure Nigeria's 100% West Africa :rockon:. Been to Cotunu, Togo and Ghana too (didn't ride tho :D)

I'm seriously consider the aluminum crash protection. Just wanted to be sure it was safe on the engine during the crash.

Thanks all the same and we could get the hook up (you are not too far away)

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
No dice on the meetup, I moved back to the states a year and a half ago. But riding the moto taxis there was what inspired me to get a bike when I got home. EDIT: Something about the danger of it, I think.

When I was there I was living in Tsevie (about 30km north of Lome) and a small village outside of Dapaong (north end of the country near Burkina).

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
I consider frame slider a "sacrificial" type of protection. Let's face it, when you drop your bike something is going to get broken. I'd rather it was 30 bucks worth of Delrin slider rather than 400 bucks worth of plastic.

Soweeeee I ment Delrin not plastic. Kept on tinking of the word till I finally typed plastic :spank: