PowerCommander Quick Shifter - Yamaha 2008 FZ6 S2

MitchellsFZ6

Truly obsessed with bikes
Reaction score
Visit site
Evening boys and girls :rolleyes:

I've now got some spare cash coming my way, I want to have a mod session on my FZ6 :rockon:.
I'm looking into adding an R6 Front end, Tokico 6 Pot Calipers and some new light weight discs.. I also wanted to jack the rear end up, I've now found the kit to do it and that will be with me very soon :D.
The R6 front end makes sense if I'm going to be jacking up the rear end.. The front forks on Fizzers are just a bit too soft..

I've already added new exhausts, SP Engineering Moto GP Stubbys, K&N Air and Oil Filters and for optimization I bought a PowerCommanderIII USB. This leads me onto my next question.. Has anyone had any previous experience with quick shifters? And more specifically has anyone had any previous experience with a quick shifter on a Fizzer?

I know you can buy the kits for the FZ6, with the linear connector units but I haven't actually heard anyone speak of them at all.. Which either means they make absolutely no difference or people cannot justify the money you spend.. So help me out people :)

MitchellsFZ6

MitchellsFZ6

Truly obsessed with bikes
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I would add too this post :)

I just found an English website which sells the Quick Shifter unit which plugs into the 4In Line connector which is on the top of the PowercommanderIII USB unit itself.
I am also under the impression that you will need to have a switch in line with the PowerCommander Unit to be able to switch the QuickShifter on and off dependant on the conditions but also if the rider of the bike wishes to use it. You can also go into much greater depth and select on the Firmware installed on the PowerCommander, at what RPM the unit will allow the Quickshifter to come into action.
This is where I am getting confused, do I need to have both of these items in the circuit? Or can I have one or the other. It would make sense to me to have both, as although you may wish to be using it at the specific time you may only want it when you're at a certain RPM. Say when you're going to go for a thrash.

Here's the link guys and girls;
Dynojet Quickshifter suitable for a Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2 (2007)

As always with me I like to accept anyones views, opinions and ideas :)

MitchellsFZ6

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
they're real useful in racing . i wouldn't do it because the clutch is the best part about riding.
i think they are pretty easy to install , and plug into the pc3 so you can hold the throttle wide open and make clutchless up shifts

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I have never used a quick shifter. i would like to try one, but i got a feeling that they are nto worth the money unless you have it on a dedicated racing bike. I reckon that i can shift nearly as fast as quick shifter when giving it the beans and either using just half my clutch to engage the shift or no clutch at all in the right revs. To me i would rather spend the money on a tune for the bike.

But i am more than happy to see more info on this as i am still interested by Quickshifters

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
My buddy uses a quick shifter on his drag bike, he says it good for a couple of tenths. I can't imagine it being that useful on a street bike.

As for adding ride height to the back of a bike to make it look cool this just seem wrong to me. Low CG along with a balanced front / rear suspension is the fast and safe setup. If you only care about a certain look and not performance then a shorter R6 front and a raised rear is fine but don't be surprised if it's a bit unstable in the twisty bits .

Last edited: