Power surge when wet

pointbreak

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked again at the thread Jez posted a link to. His problem was cured by resolving corroded connections in the left pod below the seat. I've inspected all my connections in the same place.

The relays in here (from front to the back of the bike or left to right) are:
1. Turn signal relay
2. Radiator fan motor relay
3. Dimmer relay
4. Starting circuit cut-off relay

I found several pins in the starting circuit cut-off relay furred up with green sulphur. I've cleaned these but I'm not sure how any of the components in this left pod could affect the fuelling / firing issues I've been having. The connector block for the tail/brake like needed cleaning also.

I'll see if these changes make any difference.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I looked again at the thread Jez posted a link to. His problem was cured by resolving corroded connections in the left pod below the seat. I've inspected all my connections in the same place.

The relays in here (from front to the back of the bike or left to right) are:
1. Turn signal relay
2. Radiator fan motor relay
3. Dimmer relay
4. Starting circuit cut-off relay

I found several pins in the starting circuit cut-off relay furred up with green sulphur. I've cleaned these but I'm not sure how any of the components in this left pod could affect the fuelling / firing issues I've been having. The connector block for the tail/brake like needed cleaning also.

I'll see if these changes make any difference.

#4 will kill all power to the bike......

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The gen I FJR's (03-05) had a connector under the gas tank that was known to corrode (my 04 did) due to water intrusion. The dealer couldn't find it, I found the info on an FJR forum. My connector was fairly bad but after a good clean up and dI-letric grease, no problems since (been at least 4 years).

From experiance, I put di-letric greease on ANY connector/bulb I have apart/replace... Saves problems down the road....