Power Distribution

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
I need some sort of power distribution because I cannot fit any more contacts onto the battery terminals so I was thinking about using one of these 12-Position European-Style Mini Terminal Strip.

pRS1C-2266713w345.jpg

Does anyone know if I need to get two of these, one for pos and another for neg? or is the top half separate from the bottom so I can make the top pos and the bottom neg?

Also I've read the post where someone used these with a relay but I want to connect it directly to the battery because I want to have power when the bike is off. That shouldn't be a problem right? The only issue is that I may leave something on a kill the batt.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Hit motogiro up but it sounds like that would work, I would probably go with some sort of bus bar setup

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
isn't that just for joining 2 connectors together? not sure it would be useful as a distribution point?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's not a bad choice. You might consider the T200 series blocks (see link) which are better at higher ambient temps and they also have jumpers you can purchase and add to keep from having to make wire jumpers as you might have to with the type you picked.
You can also divide switched and constant sources of power on the same terminal strip.

Terminal Strips | AllElectronics.com

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If your in the US, most marine (I got mine at West Marine) places carry distribution plates. Their usually made of SS (marine grade) hardware.

I changed out a 6 contact plate for a 12 contact plate on my boat (for my accessories).

The top, (or bottom if wired that way), would have a hot line to one end, your acccessories positive line would tie into the adjoining top lugs(threaded screws). The bottom row, would then be negative, and all the negative lines go those connections..

Run one line to the + and one to the - of the battery, very simple and clean install.

If you want it switched with the ignition, tie in a relay using the front directional running light as the switched wire, then to the plate...

BTW, the one you have posted, as noted above, is NOT what you want, that one ties just one line to another....

*The below picture is one I removed from a customers bike that I previously mounted under the seat.

The plastic cover above it has velcro in the middle of it as does the power block. I made the cover out of an old milk bottle, heated and molded it to fit atop the block should anything under the seat cross both terminals (not good) it prevents any shorts. The wires showing can either go to the battery, (not shown in the picture is a relay its attached to).. The block itself was velcroed (industrial strenth) to some plastic under the seat.

Last edited:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
If only somebody had done a very thorough job of putting a power distribution system onto a Yamaha FZ6, and then made a video documenting the modifications.

Oh yeah, I just remembered. I did that. :thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcQdkdeVWqs]How to wire a motorcycle, the right way. - YouTube[/ame]

Frederic