Power Commander

elbeard1989

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats up guys thanks for the help before, here i am again I have a 2007 FZ6 with under 19000 miles on it looking at getting a power commander was just wondering what type of experience you've had with them and if they are worth it looking at the website it doesn't seem that there too many maps on there for these bikes. Are the ones for these bikes just the two plug or are they the five plug? I don't have any mods done to it I believe other that exhaust

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The question is, do you really need it. There is fuel mapping available right through the ECM. Further, timing can be changed mechanically.

What are you looking to accomplish?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree...... If you're going to use it to gain horse power you may see about 4 to 5 hp gain with a reputable tuner strapping the bike to a dyno. There will be other pricey mod's that will be added to get that gain plus the price of the dyno tune.

If you're doing something else you might think about what the cost of a PC will be against other avenues like CO adjustments. Even the CO adjustment should be done with a sniffer to see what air to fuel readings the adjustments produce.

Last edited:

PriestlakeFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a 2 bro exhaust for my 07 fz6. I'm curious as to whether or not I will need to add a power commander. I also plan to de-snorkel it. Any input would be appreciated thanks.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a 2 bro exhaust for my 07 fz6. I'm curious as to whether or not I will need to add a power commander. I also plan to de-snorkel it. Any input would be appreciated thanks.

You don't HAVE TO add the PC.

The exhaust alone will change the sound of the bike greatly so you may want to try that alone/first.

I have open Scops on my '07, everything else, BONE STOCK. Idles dead smooth, sounds great, no de-cel pop, wouldn't change a thing..

I would not de-snorkle it as it will make more noise, and probably push more air
thru the engine. The ECU can handle the pipes (W/O other mods), start pushing more air thru it, you generally get an un-stable idle and will need the PC..

Just my 2cts.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 2Bros on my FZ. I didn’t need to adjust the A:F ratio. I agree it sounds great. I keep the sound snubbers in and think it sounds perfect; just loud enough with a great tone.

PriestlakeFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some pics of new exhaust. I had to use there fender eliminate kit to hold the muffler clamps. I still have to move the turn signals to there new mount. I just wanted to ride so I just bolted my old fender eliminate kit to bottom of the 1 they provided.

Attachments

• 20201105_160933.jpg
    20201105_160933.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201106_074944.jpg
    20201106_074944.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
T

Tony@west oz

Whats up guys thanks for the help before, here i am again I have a 2007 FZ6 with under 19000 miles on it looking at getting a power commander was just wondering what type of experience you've had with them and if they are worth it looking at the website it doesn't seem that there too many maps on there for these bikes. Are the ones for these bikes just the two plug or are they the five plug? I don't have any mods done to it I believe other that exhaust
Hey all ,new member today .
regarding power commander to exy for what you will get out of it .
just put a Booster Plug on mine controls air / fuel ratio .
0/4000 rpm massive difference in ride .
smooth as , through all the gears pulls away from stop like a different bike .
$200 aussie dollars ,made in and purchased from finland .
check it out on you tube ,highly recommend this product

Booster Plug You tube .