Power Commander

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the power commander a good mod for the FZ6. I have an '06 FZ, and would like to know if the benefits justify the cost. I will running stock exhaust at first, then probably a set of slip ons and an air filter upgrade at a later date. Does anyone have any comment on this? Your experience with this will be appreciated, THX GRUMPY

lasermax

Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely. As a matter of fact, I just installed one on my girlfriends bike LAST NITE. I did install a set of MIVV carbon fiber pipes, I modified the airbox (just opened up the air inlet a bit), a K&N air filter, oh, and I gutted the cat pipe. Even stock tho, the power commander will liven the bike up a bit, since they are generally lean running from the dealers to pass emissions. Then, you can download different maps from their site as you add on performance minded parts, or even modify the stock map (which is what you want for starters) on your own. They have several maps available for free on their website. I think it's an excellent investment.

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I just talked to a co-worker that can hook me up with an R6 comp. I may try that. If that does it for me, I'll go ahead with the Power Com unit and a set of cans. THX GRUMPY