Power Commander vs. Juice Box Pro

WORBC

WOuld Rather Be Cycling
Reaction score
www.smallsats.com
Can I get some advice on the differences between the Power Commander and the Juice Box Pro. I'm investigating what would be best for power output. If there is already a thread, I search but didn't find one.

--terry

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll take a stab at this one.

From all the reading I've done, the Power Commander is the way to go. It gives far more adjust-ability, and will yield the largest gains. The Juice Box, simply adjusts fuel delivery, as in richening or leaning out the mix. You can do that via the CO mod. If you look up on here the Power Commander threads, you'll see it has many options for tuning your bike.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
The Power Commander only controls fuel as well, but is more adjustable. I remember hearing somewhere that the Juice Box only lets you adjust certain windows of RPM or something along those lines, where the PC you can change all through the RPM and throttle position. The new PCV also has some new stuff like the autotune feature. Power Commander also makes an ignition module to control timing but I have never seen/heard of anyone installing one on our bikes.

cowboytk

Reaction score
Visit site
ok..i spoke to a performance shop today about the same topic..from what the tech told me, cobra, juice box and all the other tuners are all made by the same guy and are basically a cheapo circuit board with epoxy and circuits. now power commander alledgedly is a far superior design being that it is the original, that the others were made cheaply by a member of the dynojet family that was ousted..take it as you wish but i can say this, everyone i called about tuning uses dynojet power commander, and recommend the pc V. dont expect alot of gains with a tuner unless you plan on doing just slip on's now if you plan on a full exhaust then go for it..this is of course as it was explained to me and dyno sheets seem to prove it. but it is your own bike and do as you wish i just dont want to waste money on a tuner when all i plan on is a pair of slip ons.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PC hands down. The 2BR, Corba, Jardine, etc. only allow you to add fuel over three generic ranges.

That said, the new 2BR "deeee-lux", is capable of using PC maps.

WORBC

WOuld Rather Be Cycling
Reaction score
www.smallsats.com
I went ahead and got the Juice box Fuel Controller, the TBR Yamaha FZ6 (2004-09) Dual V.A.L.E.™ M-2 Aluminum canisters, and a K&N Filter, Installed them all, and the difference is unreal.

I live right down from the Two Brothers facility, so I went over there to talk to them and based on what I'm doing, commuting to and from work (round trip 100 miles) every day, and only wanting better response and power, they recommended the Juice Box Fuel Controller.

I got the Dual V.A.L.E. system from “big_d” (thanks again Brandon for the great deal).

Got it all installed Tuesday, but really wanted to keep the OEM tail lights, so I modified the OEM Finder Bracket to work with the V.A.L.E system and reused the OEM tail lights. However, I’ve got to rework the lighting wires, I need to extend them about 6 inches as they are too short to get up and out of the way.

View attachment 30894

The extra loudness has been great splitting the lane here in Cal, people really move over when they hear you vs. just seeing you.

Thanks to you all for the input.

I will like to try a power commander V in a couple of months, to feel the difference.

--terry

Scottn

Carbon Fiber Addict
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must agree that the Power Commander is a superior product if you want an infinite amount of adjustments. But for a Mac user it is useless, since the software is PC compatible only. That I do find unfortunate. So, I will give the Juice Box a try.

guibr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Terry,

Do you have a map for TBR Dual V.A.L.E. Slip-Ons + K&N Filter?
I have both installed but didn`t find any map until now.
The Juice Box Pro comes only with a maps for TBR Slip-Ons with Stock Air Filter.

Thanks

I went ahead and got the Juice box Fuel Controller, the TBR Yamaha FZ6 (2004-09) Dual V.A.L.E.™ M-2 Aluminum canisters, and a K&N Filter, Installed them all, and the difference is unreal.

I live right down from the Two Brothers facility, so I went over there to talk to them and based on what I'm doing, commuting to and from work (round trip 100 miles) every day, and only wanting better response and power, they recommended the Juice Box Fuel Controller.

I got the Dual V.A.L.E. system from “big_d” (thanks again Brandon for the great deal).

Got it all installed Tuesday, but really wanted to keep the OEM tail lights, so I modified the OEM Finder Bracket to work with the V.A.L.E system and reused the OEM tail lights. However, I’ve got to rework the lighting wires, I need to extend them about 6 inches as they are too short to get up and out of the way.

View attachment 30894

The extra loudness has been great splitting the lane here in Cal, people really move over when they hear you vs. just seeing you.

Thanks to you all for the input.

I will like to try a power commander V in a couple of months, to feel the difference.

--terry