Power Commander USB III maps

Potshot

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all,

I have a 2006 yamaha fz6 with a K&N intake filter, Leo Vince exhaust system going from the stock headers ( no catalitic coverter can ) with DB killers removed with a power commander USB III. The MAP i installed off of dynojet's web site is "incomplete" ( Lack of a better term ). I'm still having idle surging on start up usually takes a couple of minutes to smooth out and even then i get surging in stop and go traffic. I was wondering if anyone has a actual DYNO'ed map for this setup or any idea on what else may cause this other than just a setup/triming on the dyno.

Thanks,

potshot

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
The best map in the world won't help if your throttlebodies are out of sync.
This happens majorly when you take away the cat converter.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
oh cool. Tim i'll try the MAP and I'll let ya know how is worked. Soviet, how do I go abouts syncing the throttlebodies or where can I find that information?

Get a good tool, I suggest the Morgan Carbtune, but there are other brands/types. It'll run you $80-100 but it's a worthwhile investment.

Do a search here on the forum or even a google search and there's plenty of information/tutorials

Potshot

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, thanks, I have a carbtune tool. I sync'ed the throttle bodies and that solved my idle surging issue. I never would have thought to look at that on a fuel injected bike. Anyways, thanks alot guys, been a huge help.