Power Commander & Juice Box??? Help...

drkester_dmd

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I Just did some Mods to my 05 FZ6- "TB Carbon Slip-on" and it's great, one of the best Mods I did so far. Here's this "Juice box and Power Commander". Can anyone in layman's term tell me the difference between the two. What does the Juice or Commander do to the stock bike? Do you need one, both, or none? :D
Thanks Guys

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5

Well you get the idea.

My post from the FZ6R side of the house:

I'd recommend a Power Commander over the Juice Box and Juice Box like products. The Juice Box allows you to ONLY add fuel, not take away fuel. It also only makes mass fuel changes over three very vague areas. It does not use a map and the Two Brothers tuning solution is to "play" with it, not exactly a precise process.

With a Power Commander V you can use the supplied maps, but as others have said get a custom map created. The PCV offers much finer and controlled level of tuning. You can adjust by 250 rpm increments and by 10 throttle positions. You can also adjust the fuel from a -100% to +350% with in each cell of the map. On a typical map that is about 400+ cells.

Even with a stock bike you can really dial in the throttle response with a good map.

Last edited:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5, PC5

Well you get the idea.

:rof:, although I have the PC3 myself and love it. Kudos again to everyone who freely donated their map to this great forum.

drkester_dmd

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks.. Kinda confused with this map thing.. I'll look in to it. Thanks for the info so at least I see the difference between the Powr Com's and Juice's... :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im thinking the PC5 might be better than something that sounds like it has no business on a bike.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wasnt there a guy on here running a pc5..im sure he said the pc3 maps wernt compatible..i may be wrong tho

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wasnt there a guy on here running a pc5..im sure he said the pc3 maps wernt compatible..i may be wrong tho

Different maps.

An 08 FZ is the same as an 07, is the same as an '09. The PCV will work fine.

going going.....gone

Reaction score
Visit site

yes that was me and im stil.l striving for a better map for my bike the map i have is a modified pc3 map. but all told the pc5 is a very good peice of kit just need to get it tuned on a dyno

dan

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hmm, am i right to say that pc5 (meant for 2009) would be able to plug and play for 2007 fz6 just like pc3 does?

Shiloh

Squire to Lord Bouche
Reaction score
Visit site
Juice Box Pro is a Private Label version of the PCV, whereas the Juice Box is a Private Label (as are the Bully from Gman Ind, Big Shot from Arlen Ness, EFI Power Programmer from FMF, etc) a Gen 3 / 3.5 from Dobeck Performance, the people that originally developed the Dynojet product line.

They also sell direct and through some vendors a second generation controller under the Techlusion brand.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks interesting and has a few nice features.

On a side note with the newest software for the PCV you can convert a PCIII map to PCV. What its does is split the difference between the 10% column and the 20% column to create the data for the additional 15% column with the PCV.