Power Commander 5

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me,why is the power commander 5 listed only for 2009. FZ6?

Why can't it be connected to a 2007. or 2008. S2 model?

Is there so big difference in connectors,or what is it?

Probably because it was never tested on one. But the manufacturer might have some new answer to that because this was a question on this forum in the past.
A search might yield some more answers.

Probably because it was never tested on one. But the manufacturer might have some new answer to that because this was a question on this forum in the past.
A search might yield some more answers.

That's correct, and DynoJet didn't develop a map for the '09+. The PCV will work fine on '07's+. You'll need to get a map made anyway so the PCV is a better option. The FZ1 is the same too, they have the PCIII for '06 to '08, then the PCV for the '09+.

I have had a PC-V on my 2006 for about 8,000 miles. All good.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

did you make a custom map?

The good thing for PCV is that I can use Autotune module With it,and that sounds lilka a really good combination to me :)

:thumbup:

did you make a custom map?

The good thing for PCV is that I can use Autotune module With it,and that sounds lilka a really good combination to me :)

:thumbup:

Skip the autotune, it's terrible. A number of people, on a variety of bikes have tried to make that thing work and ended up in the nut house. Instead of spending the money on the autotune, spend it on a custom map.

Skip the autotune, it's terrible. A number of people, on a variety of bikes have tried to make that thing work and ended up in the nut house. Instead of spending the money on the autotune, spend it on a custom map.

Agreed.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

+1

I bit on the Autotune when I bought my PCV. I'm a sucker for gadgets and love to play with them. I immediately had to send it back in to DynoJet for a firmware tweak because of our batched injectors. It works "fine" now, but the adjustments on it vary a lot more than I feel appropriate and my map that it has made is way off from the original aftermarket can map that was recommended.

I think the best use for it is if you get a solid custom map, run it to adjust to environmental changes. The whole accept trim thing gets out of whack pretty quick IMHO.

I'll be searching for a good Tuner in my area this summer when I have some free time.

Scorp

Back