Power Commander 5 for older models!!!

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
so i got my PCV today and i hooked it up and fair dinkum it took 5 minutes.

I have an 08 and it seems to work fine!!!
Hopfully il get to the dyno before christmas.

Anyone got any maps? Feel free to post them up.

also what do you think i should use the 2 maps for? Flames?

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
ohh god u same mattya from asb?

and sicne when did the pc5 come to the older models? i thought it was only 09's an above?

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on getting a PCV!

The question has been asked many times, and official answers from Dynojet have been received and posted....

The PC5 is not supported for older models because Dynojet refused to spend the money testing them on older models, they only tested them in 09 models, and as such only officially support them this way.
It would serve them a twofold purpose, people will buy the new product, and they can avoid legal problems IF anything is different from older bikes and causes issues.

As there is basically no difference between the 08 and the 09 mechanically there is no reason that a PC5 wouldn't work on an 08.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on getting a PCV!

The question has been asked many times, and official answers from Dynojet have been received and posted....

The PC5 is not supported for older models because Dynojet refused to spend the money testing them on older models, they only tested them in 09 models, and as such only officially support them this way.
It would serve them a twofold purpose, people will buy the new product, and they can avoid legal problems IF anything is different from older bikes and causes issues.

As there is basically no difference between the 08 and the 09 mechanically there is no reason that a PC5 wouldn't work on an 08.

Have been thinking of getting the PC5 for my bike, when i do the engine upgrades, along with a power shifter, and the multi function display, as my instrument panel, where you can access and switch maps etc, whilst your sitting on the bike.

If they work on an 09, they will work on all FZ6's....only difference in any of them is that the 04-06 have no oxygen sensor....so the port for the o2 sensor will stay unused on the PC5 on pre 07 FZ6's...just like it does with the PC3.

:thumbup:

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
ohh god u same mattya from asb?

and sicne when did the pc5 come to the older models? i thought it was only 09's an above?

Yeah Boy!!! its me.

it is from 09 onwards, but if i ever have to ask them anything il just tell them that mine is an 09.

also once i get it tuned on the dyno il put the map up for everyone. altho i have staintune pipes, which i think were a one off. but i imagine it will be similar to the leo map.

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
If they work on an 09, they will work on all FZ6's....only difference in any of them is that the 04-06 have no oxygen sensor....so the port for the o2 sensor will stay unused on the PC5 on pre 07 FZ6's...just like it does with the PC3.

mm nothign to say we cant fit an o2 sensor

drill hole
weld on nut
fit sensor

fixed!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah Boy!!! its me.

it is from 09 onwards, but if i ever have to ask them anything il just tell them that mine is an 09.

also once i get it tuned on the dyno il put the map up for everyone. altho i have staintune pipes, which i think were a one off. but i imagine it will be similar to the leo map.

I have seen a fizzer with staintunes in SA! They look, and sound very nice indeed.

mm nothign to say we cant fit an o2 sensor

drill hole
weld on nut
fit sensor

fixed!

True enough....but does it make "that much" difference???

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
I
True enough....but does it make "that much" difference???

well for the pcv means self tuning :)

who needs a dyno

fit a nice wideband o2 sensor and away you go
hell could even splice into the sensor and fit and AFR guage to the cluster and see what goes on aat different gears/loads and speeds
alogn with temps

iirc the wideband comanader has a logging feature