Powder coating costs in USA for small parts

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a quote to have the top triple clamp, handle bar clamp and the two side plates where your feet rest powder coated black for $140 usd.

Forgive me, but for clean parts this seems $WAY$ over priced! :eek::eek:

I just want them black and to wear well so my keys and feet don't rub through exposing the ONLY SILVER parts Yamaha left on my otherwise Raven Black bike.

How much should these four parts cost to coat black?

Thanks!

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a quote to have the top triple clamp, handle bar clamp and the two side plates where your feet rest powder coated black for $140 usd.

Forgive me, but for clean parts this seems $WAY$ over priced! :eek::eek:

I just want them black and to wear well so my keys and feet don't rub through exposing the ONLY SILVER parts Yamaha left on my otherwise Raven Black bike.

How much should these four parts cost to coat black?

Thanks!

The price is most likely due to a minimum batch fee for any parts.

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about having that done on my gas tank.. its already dented and thought I might fill in the dent with something and then powdercoat.. anybody tried it?

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about having that done on my gas tank.. its already dented and thought I might fill in the dent with something and then powdercoat.. anybody tried it?

Don't hold your breath on filler being powdercoat...able.

The powder may not stick to it, and the baking may cause problems as well.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't hold your breath on filler being powdercoat...able.

The powder may not stick to it, and the baking may cause problems as well.

Yup hes right it will not stick to any typical body fillers I would suggest getting it rhino lined or something similar 10 times stronger then the powder coat plus you can also chose colors and it might even add enough strength that if it was ever droped again it might not dent

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly, that sounds about right for most places that I have looked into. However, a local bike shop recommended a place that only charged me $120 to have two rims powdercoated semi-gloss black (Website Information below). They warned me that I would not get "show-quality" finish but, for the cost, they can't be beat. I must say; I was very pleased with how the wheels turned out.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly, that sounds about right for most places that I have looked into. However, a local bike shop recommended a place that only charged me $120 to have two rims powdercoated semi-gloss black (Website Information below). They warned me that I would not get "show-quality" finish but, for the cost, they can't be beat. I must say; I was very pleased with how the wheels turned out.

Thanks!

Here's a basic price list. Not much detail tho. . .
http://www.plas-teccoatings.com/includes/pricelist2.pdf

Edit:
And a another site for the DIY:
http://homemetalshopclub.org/projects/powder.pdf
I have access to several ovens capable of temps up to 450C so that's not a problem. . . :)

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Just had my homemade triple clamp and riser powder coated (5 pieces in all), we have two powdercoating companys in the area and they both quoted me $125

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just had my homemade triple clamp and riser powder coated (5 pieces in all), we have two powdercoating companys in the area and they both quoted me $125

btw, VERY IMPRESSIVE work! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And considering those are raw virgin metal never before coated I guess these folks have us cornered with those prices.
I mean what the heck, no paint to remove but maybe they need to texture them by doing their standard glass beading/sand blast and cleaning to guarantee the coating hold up????

Thanks for chiming in ;)

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
maybe you could see if the powder company will throw your parts in with someone else's stuff for a lower price. maybe if you're willing to wait you can split some set up costs or something.