Post Office General-Awesome idea won't fly

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Well since I work for the Postal Service I don't really like the idea, BUT it would help out our situation. My wallet would take a pretty good hit also if it went to 5 days a week.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't want to hurt the employees, but by saving on gas and wear and tear on the vehicles it would keep more employees longer, and hopefully down the road there would be a recovery and re-implimentation of that extra delivery day

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's how we do it up here in Canada, when I lived in the States for awhile, it really made no sense to me. Why shouldn't mail carriers get 2 days off a week like everyone else?!?

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I heard they just asked 150K employees to volunteer their jobs. Sounds pretty dire. A lot of companies are considering 4 day weeks of 10 hours to slash fuel/energy consumption, and with cap and tax lurking I think we'll see a lot more of it. Several companies in my industry have already moved to that 4 day schedule for their field crews to avoid further layoffs.

W

wrightme43

I think its a good idea. Most of us would be just fine with mail 5 days a week. We have to come up with ideas to save money. This seems like a good one.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be fine with getting mail five days a week if it helps save costs and in the long run jobs. I really like the USPS. I know so people complain but the cost is usually inexpensive, delivery is quick and with the kiosks I can mail a package 24/7. I also like the Express Mail flat rate boxes, they are free and the postage is reasonable, not a bad deal at all.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Cutting a delivery day would be a good savings but the real problem I would guess would be the waste behind the scenes. Redundent workers, wasted hours, and bad spending practices.