Possibly getting an FZ

Jsdevildog29

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. I may be getting a 2008 FZ6 and wanted to see if I'm getting a good deal so I figured I would ask the experts. It's an 08 with 2700 miles looks like it just came from the showroom. It's black and only mods are under tail delete and a puig dark windshield. He is firm at 4000. Does this sound like a good bet? Thanks.

Assuming it's in otherwise good condition, I'd say yes! I paid $3700 for a 2007 with 6400 miles and it was less than perfect, although still nice.

Don't forget insurance, title, registration, and any "use tax" (or maybe that's just WA, what a crock of sh*t). "Other stuff" adds up quickly.

:welcome:

Last edited:
How do you all like your FZs? Def looks good! My GySgt is a Yam guy he's got an R1. It has come down to the FZ or a 07 ninja650r. I like the FZs look better.

4K for a low mile '08 is a pretty god deal...
I looked at those 2 bikes as well....

650R with a parallel twin has more low end torque and sounds like a lawnmower

similar ergos

FZ6 has far superior breaking

FZ6 has a center stand, larger fuel tank

full faired 650R looks sportier, but it ain't, the FZ6 will outperform
it an any category except pulling away from a red light,
once the fizzer hits 6K however it's game over

the fit, finish, quality and reliability of Yamaha is second to none,
Kawasaki is a sub-par Japanese machine IMO

I would pay more for the FZ6, the fact that you don't have to is a big bonus

Last edited:

similar ergos

I'm with him on this one, I looked at the Ninja 650R as well... I also have a Ninja 250. Both the Kawasaki's just feel cheaper than the FZ6. I'm not experienced enough riding to really open the bikes up yet though. Overall, I am DEFINITELY happy with my FZ6.

After seeing the bike in person and seeing how clean and good it
Looked I did buy it. It does look brand new off the showroom floor.

That's a slammin deal. I recently paid 3600 for my '06 FZ with just under 10,000 miles. Not figuring the new tires it came with I paid a couple hundred under blue book value.

Cool man. I payed $4200 out the door on my '08 FZ6 with 4200 miles or so. So now...

:needpics:

And what're you planning on modding? I just finished a dual head light mod myself.

I am going to pick up the title today and I will snap some pics. The guy I bought t from is actually a member here and was very cool about the whole deal. He even went out of his way to get an emergency title release from his bank and went and picked it up. Was a very good person to deal with. I have been in contact with the guy I bought the bike from and he has sent me some links to new exhaust and seats. How difficult was the dual headlight mod?

I just did bd43's mod... sort of. http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/1666-bd43s-07-headlight-mod-part-2-a.html

Instead of making the pin and wire, and since I couldn't find the ford assorted pin thing they were talking about, I soldered a flag connector for the headlight side (I don't crimp, they always fall out) and then spliced and soldered (and shrink wrapped!) the green wire he shows you. May not be an option for you though. I solder for a living.

Then I found that the right side doesn't really need to be re-aimed. The low beams on both sides hit at the same level. Which made sense once I thought about it. Car beams change angle between high and low just by moving the low beam out of the "sweet spot". Same concept.

tcmaker has one where you just swap the OEM connector on the right side to the top of that housing. Then you have dual lows when you switch to high beam. Easier, but I like to have the high beam for the once every two months I use high beam.

Last edited:
I love the black stealth fz6 with puig dark windshield
I will be getting the shield soon just makes the bike sooooo nice:eek:
Got mine in Dec. for 3800 but had to drive 200 miles one way to get her
couldn't quit looking out the rear view on the way home.:ban:

DSC_8790.jpg

DSC_8792.jpg

DSC_8793.jpg

Pics as promised

Last edited:

similar ergos

I think that sounds like a real good deal.:thumbup: Just to share with you guys what is NOT a good deal IMO. My room mate just bought a ninja 650r, just about 2 weeks after i got my FZ. I paid 4500 for my 09' FZ6 with about 6k miles. My room mate paid 4000 for his 06' 650r with over 22K miles on it :eek: To make it worse. He laid it it down last week. A car cut him off it a roundabout and he ran wide and off the road. Broke off his peg, bent the handle bars and front fork! And rashed up the right side fairings (I told him to get sliders when he bought it :spank: I said I'd help him buy the parts and install them but he insists on letting the dealer do it. The local Kawasaki dealer is going to charge a bit over 2 grand to fix it. So when is all said he'll be paying over 6grand for a 650r with over 22k miles. Somehow I think I got the better deal on this one :Flip:

Back