Possible wrong Puig Sliders

bc8240

Reaction score
Visit site
Possible wrong Puig Sliders (Pics Fix)

Mods: If this is posted in the wrong section please move. Thanks.

Hello,

I purchased some sliders off of ebay about two weeks ago and attempted to install them last weekend. The bolts seem way too long so I ask you all are these the wrong bolts and sliders? The caps on the end say FAZER. :confused: I have researched but I haven't found a answer that comfirms that these are the wrong or right bolts and sliders.

Not sure if you can view the ebay link but here it is:
eBay Motors: PUig Model R FZ6 Fazer Frame Savers Sliders Motorycycle (item 130258189064 end time Sep-30-08 13:40:07 PDT)

Pic

web.jpg

web.jpg

I have an blue 2004 FZ6.

Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

White Walls :D

web.jpg

Last edited:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Possible wrong Puig Sliders (Pics Fix)

I have the PUIG sliders but the silver part of the slider ius missing on mine. Why don't you ask the seller? I am sure he would have an answer.

I just can't remember how long they bolts were though

bc8240

Reaction score
Visit site

I have the PUIG sliders but the silver part of the slider ius missing on mine. Why don't you ask the seller? I am sure he would have an answer.

I just can't remember how long they bolts were though

Thanks. From researching on this site I have also noticed the ones I saw didn't have the silver part also. I sent an email to the sender and I am waiting on a response. Posted her also just incase he doesn't really know the answer since his listing said it would fit and fz6.

A

Aggietaco

Take a look at the model # on the package and compare that to what Puig says on their website. Those bolts do look a bit long, but I don't have the Puigs.

snowmannn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I've got the Puig sliders and they don't have the silver part. My bolts are also a lot shorter.
I can send you any info you need - bolts length, sliders length, etc. - just let me know. I also agree with Aggietaco about checking the model number.

Good luck :)

bc8240

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I will difinitely look up the part numbers on the website and compare tomorrow.

Here is the response I received from the sellers.

"I have never mounted any of those model sliders. Possibly you could ask the manufacturer and see what they have to say about it."

So I guess he was just selling the item and didn't know if they actually fit the FZ6.

I will let you know what I find out. The numbers probably won't match.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I, too, have the Puig sliders and mine don't have the silver part. It looks like these are most likely for another model bike.

Sac916

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 06 FZ6 and I'm considering getting the exact same Puig sliders with the silver part from Ebay also.

Any resolutions to the original post? Are the bolts really too long to fit for a 06 FZ6?

Any input and guidance would be appreciated.

bc8240

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine was an open package so I don't know if someone switched the bolts but I wouldn't chance it. The setup I had didn't work.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
After seeing this thread resurrected and reading through it again, those are definitely not for the FZ6. As stated before, mine don't have the silver extension and the bolts are much shorter than that. But all isn't lost...you just have to find the correct length bolts (I can pull one of my sliders off and measure the bolt length if someone really wants me to). As far as the pitch of the threads, though, I couldn't tell you that.