Possible clutch problem???

Simona

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if this is related to a problem with the clutch, but when I take off with a decent amount of RPM it seems to be slipping.It also makes a loud shrieking sound??? The clutch seems fine appart from that. the bike has done 7000 klm and Iv had it since new. And its been doing it the whole time. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
That shreiking your hearing isnt the tire is it?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just wondering since you said it happens when taking off at decent rpms but from what you just said ya it deff sounds like you have some sort.of clutch issue...what exactly is causing the problem i couldnt tell you with out more info

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Check to make sure its adjusted properly and no cables are binding. Did you do anything recently like oil change, chain adjustment, new tires? Did it just happen all of a sudden of did it start awhile ago and just kept getting worse?

Simona

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, its been happening since I bought the bike. It hasnt really gotten worse but its there. It doesnt allow me to take off very hard at all. Im considering the possibility of it being an adjustment problem. I ordered some smaller levers and adjusted the cable at the bar. Havnt tried it yet though. Its still under factory warranty so I might just take it back to the dealer. That sound it makes is nasty though.

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Having had it since new and it has always done it makes it weird. I would attribute it to bad oil, cables out of adjustment, or something else. But If it's always done it you can rule out the oil as it would have come with motorcycle oil in it.

The cables would be my main concern, the porter may have assembled the bike wrong.

If its still under warranty than get it done. 7K is alot of Km to go with a clutch issue.

Simona

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. iv adjusted the cable and im gonna try it out. If that doesnt sort it Im gonna contact the dealer and let them have a look at it. Thanks for your input and advice.