Poll: FZ6 traded for a Sprint ST. money not issue.

so what would you do?

• I would keep my FZ6, it is perfect.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I would get the Sprint ST, it is more perfect.

Votes: 35 42.7%

• Total voters

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Money's not an issue? Okay, I would buy:

An Aprilia RSV1000 Factory, a Goldwing GL1800, and an FZ1.

Not the answer you were looking for? ;)

mayoke

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a really rough decision. I really like my FZ6 BUT I don't have any seat time on a ST. I'd try to find one I could borrow and put some time on at least to see how it felt. If they were both equal, I'd keep the FZ because I really enjoy it. If the ST edged it out in some way, I'd probably go for it.

I guess it's all speculation from my view. I DO like the ST and almost bought one. It got sold before I could get to it.

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had same thought before to upgrade to ST1050..
Friend of mine own one and engine is strong, quite bulky and nice projector..
ST is more into performance wise...but I decided go with Futura...simple reason..Futura is better for all around bike just like FZ6..
Lot easier
Yes Futura is lot harder to find and no more in production as far reliable, Aprilia Rotax is call European Honda so is death reliable...
I sat on both bike and Futura has better seating position and much lower & center the ST..best of all you must try to sit on Futura seat...IMO..

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well i just didnt want people to get into a cost comparison of the two. just wanted to see how everyone felt about the two bikes without any non-riding concerns.

i really want a sprint ST but cant bare to split with the bike i started on. i think i will definitely keep the fz6 when i get the sprint ST and maybe turn her into a track bike.

this is all stuff down the road tho. in all likelyhood 2 years from now.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
elaborate?

Lots of warranty issues, leaking head gaskets, speedo cables being chewed through, fork seals leaking. Would all be fine except it takes forever to get the response from triumph, and the dealer net work in Alberta sucks terribly.

PS, all this is from my dad's bike(s), he owned 2 triumph's. I learned through his misfortune.

gearheadstu

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd very readily consider swapping for a 955i Sprint RS.

A 1050i ST? Not a chance. Well, maaaaaybe a little chance. :)

It doesn't make sense, but that's where I'm at.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
When I wanted to move to a more ST liter bike, the Sprint and FZ1 were my two options. I went with the FZ1 because of the price and value for money, test ride, reliability, more dealers, Yamaha blood in my veins and staying with the naked bikes. Fairing are a PITA when doing maintenance and the engine remains dirty and dusty under them. ST is sportier than FZ1 btw. I will love to get the ST as a 2nd bike someday.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If money not an issue to buy a sports tourer, why would you choose a Sprint.

BMW, Yamaha & Kawasaki make better ones. Sure they cost more, but your thread does state 'money not issue'.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd only trade for a Speed Triple. :D

2008_Speed_Triple_2.jpg

This.
I wouldn't want to tour 2 up, and the speed triple is just beautiful.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the sprint st is a beautiful bike and you can get some great deals on the 2007, 08,09 models.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lone, as you know I came very close recently to selling my touring fz6 for a triumph sprint...but you know, I took a sprint for a ride...and you know what...not much, if any more grunt than the under rated and much ignored fz6.

The fz6 steers better IMHO, and it ways a lot less, which sorta cancels out the horsepower difference between the 2 bikes!

Keep you fizzer...better the devil you know than the one you don't I reckon!

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
I was due to moving across to the Sprint ST recently but it fell through.. I may have found a bad example but it wasn't half the bike the 2010 demo I had tried a couple of weeks before and it was only an 09 with 12k on the clock! The paint was in overly tatty condition, windmirrors flappy and the plastics were all loose.. the 2 triumph dealerships I visited were pretty underwelming too. I've all but changed my mind about the pre 2011 sprint and am looking forward to trying out the new one that has apparantly had alot of issues reworked and resolved. So I'd save your money for a year or go with an FZ1.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
If I were to trade my FZ in, I think that their are other bikes in the Sprint ST Class that I would be more inclined to choose.

With regards to being a traitor, as long as you would continue to grace us with your sharp wit and shining personality then no, you would not be a traitor :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Not into big tourers,so it really wouldn't interest me.

If money was no object,then I'd have a Moto GP bike without the fairing and a set of Renthals :thumbup: