PodLight Indicators

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I don't see the point of any color but white/amber other than for "bling factor".

To some degree, yes.

I choose blue for the following reasons:

- Something different.

- I think it looks unique.

- Visibility. Most drivers are inept and half asleep at the wheel and don't notice, or have become numb to white and amber lights. Heck some don't even notice when I have my brights on!

- Saw a few other FZ6's with Blue and liked it.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Hm, Figure I'll raise this thread with a BUMP instead of making a new one.
Just wrapped up my pod light install. Drilled out the location as normal and used 7440 LED bulbs with the stock connectors and some hot glue :p
Ignore the Harley, isn't mine.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL9f0KNJ-rI]YouTube - FZ6 LED Pod Lights[/ame]

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
I swear I've read a couple times where folks wired the pods to the running light wire (constant) and the blinker positive and this effectively made the pods running lights and signals without the use of relays? Something about it only working with non-polarized LED's though?

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
I swear I've read a couple times where folks wired the pods to the running light wire (constant) and the blinker positive and this effectively made the pods running lights and signals without the use of relays? Something about it only working with non-polarized LED's though?

My bike came just like that. Not sure though if it's LED's or not I never even looked.

DavisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

I thought I remember coming across the same thing. I would really like my soon to be pod lights to function as both. If not I will just wire them as blinkers as I put some R1 flush mounts up front and they don't provide much light up front.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I thought I remember coming across the same thing. I would really like my soon to be pod lights to function as both. If not I will just wire them as blinkers as I put some R1 flush mounts up front and they don't provide much light up front.

I forget the exact wiring that I used (it's probably on the sb.net post that I originally made) but I added pod lights without using relays and they function as both running lights and turn signals.

DavisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got around to doing this mod. Not sure why I waited so long, only took me an hour to go tapping into my existing turn signal lights. I have it set-up with Amber lights that function soley as my turn signals.

I have flush mounts all the way around which really aren't the greatest for being seen head on. Easy mod and looks factory, not sure why they didn't include them from the start.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it alot. I am considering this now. the best mods are the ones that looks like they are standard. This is awesome

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk