Votes: 60 61.2%
  • Lower fairings

Votes: 38 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I am Really stuck on deciding between a belly pan or a whole lower fairing. I am wanting my bike to just be something unique as well as something to finish the looks of the bike. The FZ6 looks great stock with just the upper fairing, but i want to finish off either the faired look, or a hooligan look (uppers and a lower cowling). Please help me decide, here are the two i am looking at.

Please let me know what you think looks best: stock, lower cowling, or a set of lowers.

Thanks again for your help

Attachments

• 3e5f_1.JPG
    3e5f_1.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Lower fairing!!!

The proof:

fz6sa-albums-my-fz-picture2719-march-2009.jpg

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
I am Really stuck on deciding between a belly pan or a whole lower fairing. I am wanting my bike to just be something unique as well as something to finish the looks of the bike. The FZ6 looks great stock with just the upper fairing, but i want to finish off either the faired look, or a hooligan look (uppers and a lower cowling). Please help me decide, here are the two i am looking at.

Please let me know what you think looks best: stock, lower cowling, or a set of lowers.

Thanks again for your help

Lower faring IMO but look at me I cant decide between Leo's or Scorpion!!!

I like the cleaner lines of the lower faring over just the belly pan, although that does look good on the "racier" FZ6s, I did vote on the lower faring look.

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
Whichever one you like the looks of better. It's an aesthetic decision, and you're going to be the one to look at it every day.

I'm going for the bellypan m'self.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Lower faring IMO but look at me I cant decide between Leo's or Scorpion!!!

I like the cleaner lines of the lower faring over just the belly pan, although that does look good on the "racier" FZ6s, I did vote on the lower faring look.

LOL, i know, (scorpions, lol), and i agree, the lower fairings do look 'cleaner'

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Whichever one you like the looks of better. It's an aesthetic decision, and you're going to be the one to look at it every day.

I would truly like either one. The lowers have a cleaner look to it, yet the lower cowl shows off the bike so much more in a place where the R's and RR's rule. (Pacific NorthWest) Thusly, this is is the reason why i am asking for help on this choice.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the belly pan. One of the reasons I got the Fiz was the lack of plastics. I do like the lower belly pan, it gives it a different style.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the belly pan - and although I like it I want the lower faring.

maybe it's a grass is greener thing...

anyway how can I get one of these lower fairings in the states?

an links or info would be great - whats the cost by the way?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the belly pan - and although I like it I want the lower faring.

maybe it's a grass is greener thing...

anyway how can I get one of these lower fairings in the states?

an links or info would be great - whats the cost by the way?

I am probably giving you the link of the one that I might buy, but ohh well.. Ebay has a brand new Powerbronze lowers (search "fz6 fairing") and it will cost you 300 shipped (in the US)

Hope this helps

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

+ 1, part of the reason why I like the FZ so much because it doesn't have the full fairing. I like the half fairng and half naked look. A nice compliment. That's the reason I hate the restyled FZ for '09 with the full fairing. The lower cowl is a nice compliment, but that's all I would add at the most, but this is my personal opinion.

Not sure how the full fairing will effect working the bike maintenance wise, and to be honest, it's just another thing to get broken or damage.

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is not mine, kinda wish it was, but it belongs to a fellow in the UK.
It's a great looking FZ, with lower fairing and cool colors.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
+ 1, part of the reason why I like the FZ so much because it doesn't have the full fairing. I like the half fairng and half naked look. A nice compliment. That's the reason I hate the restyled FZ for '09 with the full fairing. The lower cowl is a nice compliment, but that's all I would add at the most, but this is my personal opinion.

Not sure how the full fairing will effect working the bike maintenance wise, and to be honest, it's just another thing to get broken or damage.

I just want more room for adding high HP stickers :D

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the belly pan, and like the different look it gives. If i had a 07+ I would buy the factory lowers. I just don't really care for any of the 04~06 lowers. 07+ Factory ones are already painted and I can get Yamaha stuff for cost through a buddy. My belly pan was $181. The full lowers would be around $500 I would guess.

J

jsteinb95

I voted lower fairings.

But, whatever floats your boat......it's your bike! :thumbup:

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO, why do i have a feeling you live in the portland area and probably know EDR Performance

DING DING DING!!!

well actually I do live in the portland area and I do know OF EDR although I have never had any work done there as all the mods where done by the previous owner.