Please help me get the part number

S0nic

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, folks!
My 2006 FZ6's output shaft oil seal (which is under the front sprocket) is heavily leaking with oil, but I cannot find the part number of it to order one. Anyone can help? Thanks.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, folks!
My 2006 FZ6's output shaft oil seal (which is under the front sprocket) is heavily leaking with oil, but I cannot find the part number of it to order one. Anyone can help? Thanks.

call a dealer ? i looked on bikebandit and didn't see it shown at all, maybe it's dealer only ?

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
The service manual doesn't go into much detail, besides making it sound like you have to remove the "drive axle assembly" to replace that seal. :confused:

I'd remove the sprocket and see if there's a way to do it from the outside first. I just had my sprocket off the other day, but I didn't notice if it looked like there was or not. In the manual, it does kinda look like you should be able to pop the old one out and drive a new one in, looks like the bearing retainer is behind it, so it should just be a friction fit.

S0nic

Reaction score
Visit site
The service manual doesn't go into much detail, besides making it sound like you have to remove the "drive axle assembly" to replace that seal. :confused:

I'd remove the sprocket and see if there's a way to do it from the outside first. I just had my sprocket off the other day, but I didn't notice if it looked like there was or not. In the manual, it does kinda look like you should be able to pop the old one out and drive a new one in, looks like the bearing retainer is behind it, so it should just be a friction fit.

Hope, that is so, I'll try that. In Russia the seal costs about $14 and needs a week for delivery, Thanks!

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
You should be able the pop it out with a flat head screw driver between the seal lip and the steel outer part of the seal. Then push the new one back in with something like a socket.