Pirelli Supercorsa's!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my FZ6 has needed new tyres for a little while now, but i have been putting getting some new hoops off for a while now, for 2 reasons...1. The Dunlop D209 GP Racer M's still grip like poop to a blanket, regardless of the fact they are nearly completely devoid of any meaningful tread!, and 2. Because i have been dumping money into my TRX rebuild!

I have had a set of Tyres put aside for me at a local shop for a few weeks now, and yesterday, i went and had them fitted.

The tyres in question, super sticky, Pirelli Supercorsa's, a SC1 on the front, and a SC2 on the rear...

Tried to go for a quick blat today to scrub them in, but just as i got to the Twisties, i found i had a stalker, so it was easy go's it for about ten minutes, then home....

I did manage to get the tyres scrubbed to a degree, but never really got them warm...running 32psi in the front, and 34psi at the rear, which i will probably drop to 31/33once i get them a ittle bit stickier...

Anyway, they feel very much like a race tyre, with a high centre, and a wide side profile, so they tip in quick, then give you heaps of side grip...even when not really warm enough for them to work at their best...

Here's a couple of photo's, so you all know which tyre i am talking about....
View attachment 36651

View attachment 36652

View attachment 36653

This is my first set of Supercorsa's, and it will be interesting to see how they hold up against the superb tyres that were the Dunlop D209 GP Racer M race tyres, that they are replacing...

I will try and keep people posted on how I get along with the new hoops!

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy who had an R6 swore by these tires. Claims they were super grippy, but a little on the spendy side.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a friend on those and he swore by them. I don't know about wear...but they do stick!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy who had an R6 swore by these tires. Claims they were super grippy, but a little on the spendy side.

That doesn't sound like Wolfman!... oh wait :BLAA:

I actually got them for a bargain price. Rear is normally $350, i paid $260, Front is normally $270, i paid $180

Plus fitting....just under $500 all up! That's cheaper than what i paid for a set of Bridgestone BT016 Pro's recently!

Hopefully with my dry weather only riding routine, they will last me a few months, hopefully a bit longer....i am limited to how much i can ride the black bike now anyway, because of modified bike insurance policy!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually got them for a bargain price. Rear is normally $350, i paid $260, Front is normally $270, i paid $180

Plus fitting....just under $500 all up! That's cheaper than what i paid for a set of Bridgestone BT016 Pro's recently!

Hopefully with my dry weather only riding routine, they will last me a few months, hopefully a bit longer....i am limited to how much i can ride the black bike now anyway, because of modified bike insurance policy!

You should have let me know wolfie - rockymountainatvmc.com would have shipped a FULL SET for less than the retail of a single rear. They are ADR approved, as dot falls under our standard. My next pair will be coming from these guys :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You should have let me know wolfie - rockymountainatvmc.com would have shipped a FULL SET for less than the retail of a single rear. They are ADR approved, as dot falls under our standard. My next pair will be coming from these guys :)

I did investigate getting them shipped in from OS, but didnt know where to go???

Cheers.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
They are super sticky tyres, but wear fast. Then again, if you are concerned about tyre wear you don't buy these kind of tyres.

In the wet they suck monkeyballs tho.

I'm into Dunlops at the moment, their Sportsmart, GPracers D211 are superb tyres imho.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site

Are you sure about the shipping? I buy a lot of parts from them for my sports quad and for the tyres and rims and the large items the standard shipping rate didn't apply.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are super sticky tyres, but wear fast. Then again, if you are concerned about tyre wear you don't buy these kind of tyres.

In the wet they suck monkeyballs tho.

I'm into Dunlops at the moment, their Sportsmart, GPracers D211 are superb tyres imho.

I would of got GP D211's if they were available here! Just got a set of sportsman Q2's for the TRX...can't wait to try them too.

As for mileage, your right, I couldn't give a rats about that stuff!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure about the shipping? I buy a lot of parts from them for my sports quad and for the tyres and rims and the large items the standard shipping rate didn't apply.

Yeah, double checked. The rate is lower for other items, but the rate for tyres was only that when quoted a couple of weeks ago. Having said that, policies can change rather quickly. A tank is ballistically expensive, for eg.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
aprox how many miles do you think you'll get out of them? and how sticky are we talking about here??

We are talking very sticky, and if i only ride the bike hard in sports riding mode through the twisties, ireckon i will be lucky to get 2000km's out of the rear, and maybe 2500km's out of the front, especially running tyre pressures at 31psi front, sometimes 29psi, and 33psi rear, sometimes 31.5psi.

But that's ok, i might get a few more K's, as my riding style is pretty smooth, and i only have 98hp, which aint exactly tyre shredding on the road, unless i ride like a complete nutter....which i dont!