Pirelli Diablo's a good buy?

buy now or wait and get something better?

• Pirelli Diablo's

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Road 2's or BT's

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Cycle Gear is closing out their Diablo Strada's for $220 a set! I think that's a great deal, and I've been reading quite a few good reviews of them on here.

I personally wanted to go with the Road 2's, but I'd be looking at another $100 or so. I do need tires within the next couple of months.

I'm currently running the triple compound BT's and due to only getting 5k out of them, was wanting to go with the dual compound BT's or the Road 2's like I said. I got about 6k out of the regular Road's, 5k out of the stockers, 6k out of the Road Attacks.

Should I get ~5k out of these Diablo's? Great deal?

Or should I wait until I HAVE to have tires in Jan. or Feb. and spend the extra money I don't have for the Road 2's or BT's? Lemme know whatcha think...

TURNS OUT THEY AREN'T STRADA'S, JUST PLAIN DIABLO'S...

Last edited:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm much more impressed with my Road2s than I was with my Diablo Rossos. Dry road traction feels the same. On wet the Diablos feel kind of squirrely, and the Road2s are still confident feeling. I had about 6500 miles on the Diablos before I replaced them due to too many punctures. There was probably another 2000 left in them. I haven't had enough time on the Road2s to comment on their wear.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I mainly commute but I have roughly 20,000 miles on my PR2s... They still have plenty of traction left but I will prob have to replace soon due to cupping.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoyed my Diablos, but I only used them about 800/900 miles before I sold my bike. They stuck well during a rainy track day, no problems at all.

Double check the price, last I saw CG was still selling them for $189 a pair.

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted Pirelli Diablo's but just wanted to stress I mean Diablo Strada's not Diablo's, there is a difference. Mine just keep getting stickyer and stickyer the more I ride them, best tires I've ever owned. Been through 2 sets now to the tread limit and had zero cupping.

I think Strada's are so cheap at the moment because they are being replaced by the Angel ST.

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Diablo Stradas. For that price it's a great buy. They are good street tires and good in wet conditions. They have great grip when braking hard.
And they get warm fast! I felt the tires after riding into work after a 45 minute commute in 35F weather --they were warm!

I paid $285 for front and rear from Cycle Gear (using a military discount.)
$220 is an excellent price! Go for it!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Southwest moto.com has the pr'2s for $295.00
I bougt two sets of the Pirelli's last year for my FJR and FZ at 189.00. It's a fine tire but for another 70 bucks you will get a great tire that will go twice as far.
Going back the the PR'2 from now on. Much better value and tire.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Southwest moto.com has the pr'2s for $295.00
I bougt two sets of the Pirelli's last year for my FJR and FZ at 189.00. It's a fine tire but for another 70 bucks you will get a great tire that will go twice as far.
Going back the the PR'2 from now on. Much better value and tire.

Damn that website is cheap! Bookmarked for when I need new tires! :BLAA:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Pirelli diablo strada's for life. Am sold on these tires and I love them. I have 4300 miles on them and they stick like glue. I rode i crazy rain, ridden hard in the twisties and no slip what so ever. Great tire. But since they are being replaced by Angel ST I guess I have to go Angel then. Am sure that tire will be phenomenal like strada's but i will have to put them to the test once it’s time for a new tire.

macy

Reaction score
Visit site
Have used Diablos for the last two pairs on my Aprillia 1000, better grip wet or dry than the stock Metzelers.
Best feature I found is their rapid warm up time, they stick like poop to a blanket and track great..........Cant wait to see how they perform on the Fazer.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick up a set. For that price, it really can't hurt to try them...

Quick warm-up is important to me. I regularly ride below freezing temps, and am in the twisties running 70 after just a couple miles. The bike is garage kept though.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep Dunlop Roadsmarts in mind too. I'm not trying to be a shill for Dunlop, but I'm very pleased with these tires. i had the BT-016 before these and I like these MUCH better for everyday riding.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Urgent Help!!!

OK... Turns out they aren't the "Diablo Strada's", but the regular "Diablo's". Any other thoughts? They're classified on Pirelli's site as "hypersport" instead of "street". Will I just get a few less miles on them?

Should I return them Monday instead of having them mounted & balanced???

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Urgent Help!!!

Don't waste money sending them back.You have them, use them. Next time buy the PR2 for the best tire.

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm using Diablos Corsa 3 for the past 6 months when I have replaced the worn out OEM Bridgestones (POS).
They are great, good grip, I use them on canyons a lot, after 6 months & 3k miles they look like new. They are made in Germany.
I got them on sale a Cycle Gear too this summer.
They are a good buy.