Pilot Road vs Pilot Power 2ct?

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not opposed to the bridgestone tires.. it is just that my head is spinning with so many choices. I thought I would pick manufactuer and compare different choices.

I am looking for a high mileage tire that can take occasional agressive riding but nothing too agressive. For the most part, I am an older rider (45) and I ride conservatively.

So far the road and power dual compound appeal to me the most.

As a side note, my buddy owns a bike performance shop and he swears by the metzeler m1 and m3 sportech. To me it sounds like way more of a sport tire than I need and the mileage on those will probably not come near what the road and power's would give.

Speedy, I based my comments on this post. He does not sound like the type of rider who can push hard and often enough to need the Powers.

How do you know you would crash with new Road 2's? Not that I would want you to find out the hard way!

My point is is more about using new tires at the track more than compound but no doubt for regular track riders who can really push a bike the softer Powers would be the way to go.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
For sure the Powers are overkill for most riders.

And if milage is your concern you shouldn't buy a sport tire. For 99% of street riding the Roads are perfect. Just depends on you riding style.

On track on some harder day's on the street I scrape my bootsliders on the tarmac, with rearsets. And yes my feet have the correct position. When you are at that lean angle, I want a tire that grips :D.
This season I'm even switching to BT-003's on the FZ.
I want to get everything out of my FZ before switching to a full track bike ... if I can spare the cash. ( rebuilding a house costs a lot of money :()

Ridgerunner1061

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the Power tire. I ride mostly canyons and mountains very little freeway. The Metzler Roadtec Z6's were a nightmare for the mountains, lots of washouts for no reason. I have heard that the PP2CT don't last but I would rather replace them every season than low side my bike.