Pilot Power PURE 2ct

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
Last monday, I got a pretty epic "puncture" in my rear. well puncture is a bad word, looked liek two knife slits.
I got it my roundabout somehow (heard the pop)

anyway. the slits went so deap that when I sqeezed the tyre, I could see the belt in the inside of the tyre..

so. a new tyre was in order.
I tried to get a Pilot Power 2ct. I was impressed with my previous one, it had about 10k on it and looked like it could go another 10 (tho alot of this was commuting).
This didnt work out, so I left it up to my work shop to get one..

I was surprised to pick my bike up on Friday morning, to find they couldnt get a Power either, but instead got a Pure..
At first I wasnt particually happy, I like things to be "equal" and match up, but soon as I saw the tread pattern, I was like "awesome"

Its looks wicked.

pilotpure1.jpg

plus, its got chickenstrip indicators which appear to be the new "thing" on most tyres..

pilotpure2.jpg

as with most new tyres, they require scrubbing in, and in past times, as I've taken off, or changed gears, I have had minor wheel spin as the waxiness is slowly scrubbed off.

I didnt get this at all. I'm not syaing that its not there, but they appear to have a decent level of "fit and ride"

Good tyres.

now need to match the front.....

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mikey's got the "Pure's" on the back of his FZ1 now too, just got back from a ride, and he said they were really good on the damp roads here today... Mind you, it was a fairly sedate ride today.

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mikey's got the "Pure's" on the back of his FZ1 now too, just got back from a ride, and he said they were really good on the damp roads here today... Mind you, it was a fairly sedate ride today.

:rockon:

Yup. Grippier in the wet than the Power 1ct's. I rolled on pretty savagely in a couple of corners to put them through their paces and got no slippage at all on damp roads. Dry grip of course is great. Mileage will probably be pretty decent. :D

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Pure is an exact match to the Power, as they are the direct replacement. They use the same carcass shape and are intended for the same application.

Regarding the wax (or lack of) most reputable companies will actually wash off some of the waxing agent with some thinners. This removes about 2/3 of it so can still be slippery, but to nowhere near the extent than if they hadn't.

Good stuff that you got your rear sorted Ben, let your front live a little longer if there's life in it though :)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This explains some of the difference between the Power 2ct and the Pure 2ct.

MICHELIN 2CT Two Compound Technology - MICHELIN Power Pure

The tread pattern is also a lot different, and is a weird cross between a Power, a Road, and something new.

The rest of the difference is about the weight of the tire being significantly reduced.

And the hard compound on both tires is the same as the Power 1ct.:thumbup: