Pics of my bike with a few mods.

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I've found a couple of companies in town that do powder coating and am about to start checking on having this done. Does anybody know of a reason the radiator cap couldn't also be done assuming I can get the sticker off? Thanks.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Rear sets powder coated, radiator side panels powder coated, rear shock spring painted bright red, rear hugger cut down mod, rear blinker replacement mod.
1729357177_fe9e5f898b.jpg

Fantastic transformation.....very nicely done! :)
(Although I see that you have confirmed my suspicion by painting your rear shock spring red, that all blue FZ6 owners really wished they'd got the faster red one ....:p )

Reaction score
Visit site
Ken,
Did you have to do any prep work on those polygonal plates (I don't know the proper term for them) on the rear sets before powder coating them? I found a guy who does powder coating. He says he can't do it on anything but bare metal. Says any kind of paint or coating will bubble up at the temp he uses which I gather is about 500 degrees. Anyway, looking at mine, it looks like there may be some kind of clear coating on the outermost part and I am wondering if I have to sand it first or something. How is yours holding up?