Picking on Harleys

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
Harley-Davidson: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the adverse side effect of horsepower

Did you know 95% of all Harleys are still on the road? The other 5% actually made it home.

What's the cheapest way to get another 50hp from your Harley? Trade it in on a Suzuki.

Why don't Harley riders sit on their bikes when the sidestands are down?
They're afraid to lean over that far.

What's the difference between a Harley and a Harley owner's home? The
Harley costs more and has fewer wheels.

Why don't Harley riders wave at sportbike riders? Because they don't want to drop their tools.

How do you know all the aftermarket parts you bought for your Harley are worth the money? You finally break into the 15's in the quarter mile.

What do you call a group of Harley Owners with a collective IQ of 120?
Sturgis!

How do Harley engineers tell if a bike is worthy of the Harley name?
They check to make sure the exhaust noise in decibels exceeds the horsepower rating.

Why do Harleys have fringe? So you can tell if they're moving.

How is a Harley Davidson like an old dog? They both like to ride in the back of pickup trucks.

What's the difference between a Harley taken to Daytona on a trailer
and one that's being ridden there? The one on the trailer is going about 30mph faster.

Why do all Harley owners have trailers? So they can go around corners faster!

You know you're a Harley rider if...

...you're unable to let your bike simply IDLE at a stop light.

...you confuse the word "character" with the more accurate term "engineering flaws".

..."water cooled" means standing on the side of the road, in the rain, waiting for a wrecker.

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Harley-Davidson: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the adverse side effect of horsepower

Did you know 95% of all Harleys are still on the road? The other 5% actually made it home.

What's the cheapest way to get another 50hp from your Harley? Trade it in on a Suzuki.

Why don't Harley riders sit on their bikes when the sidestands are down?
They're afraid to lean over that far.

What's the difference between a Harley and a Harley owner's home? The
Harley costs more and has fewer wheels.

Why don't Harley riders wave at sportbike riders? Because they don't want to drop their tools.

How do you know all the aftermarket parts you bought for your Harley are worth the money? You finally break into the 15's in the quarter mile.

What do you call a group of Harley Owners with a collective IQ of 120?
Sturgis!

How do Harley engineers tell if a bike is worthy of the Harley name?
They check to make sure the exhaust noise in decibels exceeds the horsepower rating.

Why do Harleys have fringe? So you can tell if they're moving.

How is a Harley Davidson like an old dog? They both like to ride in the back of pickup trucks.

What's the difference between a Harley taken to Daytona on a trailer
and one that's being ridden there? The one on the trailer is going about 30mph faster.

Why do all Harley owners have trailers? So they can go around corners faster!

You know you're a Harley rider if...

...you're unable to let your bike simply IDLE at a stop light.

...you confuse the word \"character\" with the more accurate term \"engineering flaws\".

...\"water cooled\" means standing on the side of the road, in the rain, waiting for a wrecker.

That summed it up nicely...............:D

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the one about why they don't wave at sportbike riders...the waving part is true, hadn't thought much about the tools part, but it makes sense.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
what do you call the right hand grip on a harley ................... A volume nob cause after all you can turn it all you want and nothing happens but it sure gets louder!

F

FZSex

...bad ass...

2007_vrscdx_1024.jpg

F

FZSex

Yeah, the V-rod motor is excellent.

Porsche designed it, you know.

Yep but who cares who designed it? Its a bad bike. Buell used Rotax for their new twin and its awesome as well.

Harley folks make fun of jap stuff, jap bike owners make fun of harley, I get it.
:thumbup: I just know both are very nice

and OMG the vmax is so ugly compared to the vrod!!! surely thats a joke up there

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
It also handles like a pig. It's too long, and the forks are all messed up.

I've ridden one enough to know.

Fred

P.S. Where's HavBlue to tell me that I'm an idiot because I don't like Harleys?

F

FZSex

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - I've always thought the vmax was ugly and the vrod was awesome to look at.

When I bought my M109, I was back and forth between the two for weeks.

I know some people will hate harleys because of whatever reason they want, thats fine with me. I've had one and I think they are great bikes. To each his own.

My nightster was a cool bike, hate on this one too while you are at it :thumbup: Very old engine design that is twice the engine size of my fz6 but better power in town and better mileage and less maintenance. How horrible

P7080020_2.JPG

P2280016.JPG

P2110009.JPG

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I know some people will hate harleys because of whatever reason they want, thats fine with me.

Don't confuse "not like" with "hate."

I don't like them.

But I don't hate them. (Unless there's a pack of them in front of me in the twisties.)