Picked up my new bike:)

A.Thomas

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my 08 fz6 (black) on Thursday,I put a couple hundred kilometers on it over the weekend. It's a great bike , handles well and easy to maneuver at low speeds . It also has more low end torque than I was expecting. In a nutshell it's a lot of bike for the price. I did notice it shifts rather hard going into second gear from first , is this normal? I was also wondering the operating temperature around town as mine would read as high as 100 degrees celsius . Any input would be appreciated.

BTW got my first biker wave today , (from a guy on a big cruiser) :cheer:

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my 08 fz6 (black) on Thursday,I put a couple hundred kilometers on it over the weekend. It's a great bike , handles well and easy to maneuver at low speeds . It also has more low end torque than I was expecting. In a nutshell it's a lot of bike for the price. I did notice it shifts rather hard going into second gear from first , is this normal? I was also wondering the operating temperature around town as mine would read as high as 100 degrees celsius . Any input would be appreciated.

There's an active thread on this topic as I post this. But to answer your question, yes. No worries.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Clunky second is totally normal. The hot temps will come down after about 1200k and normalize.

All is OK with the new ride! Change the original oil and filter much sooner than later!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Just got mine about a month ago and noticed the shifting thing right away. I have about 400 miles on her and I am almost used to the way this bikes shifts now. Nothing to worry about, it has a long travel on the shifter before it actually shifts I think partly why it happens. Its is much longer than my ex500 I upgraded from.

As for your temp question... check this thread out... http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/13689-temperature-question.html

Last edited:

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site

hi how much did you pay out the door for it?

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with the others about the shifting. It's naturally clunky, especially when new. To be honest, I prefer the clunkiness b/c it lets me know for sure that the gear is in (helps a lot when wearing thick boots).

W

wrightme43

Dont forget to change the oil nowish.

Welcome to the site, enjoy your bike, but change the oil and filter now.

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow I thought I got a good price at $5875 USD OTD. Nice buy! Enjoy it! I've put about 1200 miles on mine in the month I've had it. It does shift a bit rough but that doesn't bother me unless I have a passenger. I'm loving mine so far, and the Raven color is HAWT! Grats!

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new Ride.

Rotella Syn 5w40 makes is shift smoother!

I will duck now!:scared:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep thats brand new.It was 5999.00 on the floor.They had about 30 still in stock when I picked up mine.

:welcome: Good call on the bike, congrats! :rockon:

I was down at Blackfoot this spring and almost went your way, but I just had to have red...

Let me know when you're riding, and let's get some Calgary fizzers on the road!