Picked up a pair of used Alpinestar GP Pro Gloves

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Every one raves about them so i just picked them up used to try them out. I got a size large and it fits almost the same as my medium sedici gloves. The protection seems the same except it has a thick plastic wrist guard covering the outside top and bottom of the wrist. The finger length is good but i do have one problem. :spank:

It seems like there is too much material in the palm area when gripping the grips. Is this normal? Can it be tightened with some snake oil? Its also kind of a pain to put on and take off because the tightening strap is under the hard plastic guard, im sure it just takes getting used to maybe.

Overall i like them, mine are slightly damaged though. The knuckle guard is split down the middle on the right glove for some reason. The previous owner has no idea how it happened but it doesnt seem like it would cause any less protection in a crash. Think so? :confused:

Anyways in terms of comfort i like my sedicis much better. But i will sacrifice a little to get more protection. Oh yea picked these up for $40 so i thought what the hell might as well try them :rockon:

CIMG1222.jpg

CIMG1221.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty nice, huh? I have a pair in black. The leather is so nice. I like the pinkie thing too.

I'm a size ten glove and wear a L. Not sure what you bought.

Honestly I wouldn't want to go down in Sedici.

Last edited:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont know i really like my Sedici gloves lol. The leather feels the same to me, but that thick plastic wrist guard would definitely offer more protection. Thats why i bought the sedici because they were so comfortable. Im going to rock these alpinestars all week and see how i really like them.

CIMG1224.jpg

CIMG1223.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I own a pair of these gloves....just awesome, only gloves i wear these days...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the GP Plus, I believe they are one notch down from these. Yes you will get used to both the bulk in the palm and the closure system, there is a trick to it ... you'll figure it out after a while.

I have crash tested mine, at 80 to 90 mph. I broke my collarbone but the gloves are fine, mostly because I slid off the track and was quickly in the dirt.

I still wear them, they are my primary gloves. They are scuffed up a bit but perfectly serviceable!

Two thumbs up: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a pair of Held gloves that are superior to anything I've every seen personally, but they are a little too small for me to wear for extended periods. A friend of mine gave them to me for my birthday one year, they were a demo pair she had gotten at work. :)