Physical mechanics of riding

Spencer won't add material to make a seat taller. He will only make the seat lower or the same height.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using tapatalk HD

^^
That's Good to know. Sorry, I thought it was ONE STOP Shopping.
I think it has to do with what will fit in the constraints of the original covering material.

Excellent advice and a big +1 to lever position. I learned this many years ago from mountain biking. Basically, sit on the bike in normal riding position; put your hand on the grip, but keep your fingers straight. Your wrist should not have any bend in it and your fingers should be resting on the lever now.
If your wrist is bent in this position, it should be easy enough to figure out if your levers need to be rotated up or down.

Something to ponder:
With your wrist parallel to your forearm, make a tight fist.
Repeat this action but this time, start with your wrist elevated upwards. Notice the genuine lack of strength as you make a fist?

Point: if you make a big adjustments rotating your brake lever, Be warned that it takes 1/2 the effort to APPLY ALLOT OF FORCE!!!

Anyway - they also make drop pegs. There are a few random threads on here about them.

Point: if you make a big adjustments rotating your brake lever, Be warned that it takes 1/2 the effort to APPLY ALLOT OF FORCE!!!

I adjusted the clutch lever angle a while back, but hesitated on doing the brake lever. Does the front brake master cylinder need to remain level or is it okay angle it a bit? I guess it's okay if a lot of you have done it.

I adjusted the clutch lever angle a while back, but hesitated on doing the brake lever. Does the front brake master cylinder need to remain level or is it okay angle it a bit? I guess it's okay if a lot of you have done it.

^^ Good Point!

With caution.....
It does change the angle of the fluid and the sight glass will not be as accurate. I personally have not had any issues but that comes with these observations.
1) If you take the lid off, use care to turn the bars so as to level it up and reduce spilling.
2) Keep it full. i.e. pads that wear fast will drop the fluid level AND YOU COULD SUCK AIR and loose brakes if you had it at some real screwy angle.

Again, I have not had any trouble but advise you simply keep it full and or loosen the lever and rotate it flat when filling.

Does that make sense?

I am EXACTLY the same size as you and have the exact same issue. It took me a little while to develop the proper muscle memory before it no longer became an issue.

^^ Good Point!

With caution.....
It does change the angle of the fluid and the sight glass will not be as accurate. I personally have not had any issues but that comes with these observations.
1) If you take the lid off, use care to turn the bars so as to level it up and reduce spilling.
2) Keep it full. i.e. pads that wear fast will drop the fluid level AND YOU COULD SUCK AIR and loose brakes if you had it at some real screwy angle.

Again, I have not had any trouble but advise you simply keep it full and or loosen the lever and rotate it flat when filling.

Does that make sense?

:thumbup: Makes perfect sense, thanks. Thinking about it more now, consider how often the bike leans/starts/stops causing the fluid to slosh around in the course of normal riding without any brake problems. Adjusting the lever a bit shouldn't cause any harm so long as the fluid is kept topped off, like you say.

Back