Photography Thread !!!

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for a web read on the basics of photography. Any links greatly appreciated.
Sun rise this morning, taken with phone on my bike
jejajy3u.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I found that this is a GREAT place to start
Improve Photography

Also, if you want to get into photography, "Understanding Exposure" is a great book.

Chiwalatta

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I am buying a fz6 just after Xmas, hoping to get good deal. I passed my full licence in July, I have been reading reviewing different bikes and have chosen the fz6 2006/7 in black... Anyway, I have been into photography for some years now, so my Suzuki RV125 VanVan, that has been my learner bike has been topic for some photography... Check out my Flickr motor bike set, inc some shots of my brothers Honda CBR600 too.
Motorcycles - a set on Flickr

For getting started with photography, subscribe (free) to Digital Photography School forum. Great how to's and competitions to give you inspiration!
Digital Photography School - Photography Forums
Cheers! Gary :BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I am buying a fz6 just after Xmas, hoping to get good deal. I passed my full licence in July, I have been reading reviewing different bikes and have chosen the fz6 2006/7 in black... Anyway, I have been into photography for some years now, so my Suzuki RV125 VanVan, that has been my learner bike has been topic for some photography... Check out my Flickr motor bike set, inc some shots of my brothers Honda CBR600 too.
Motorcycles - a set on Flickr

For getting started with photography, subscribe (free) to Digital Photography School forum. Great how to's and competitions to give you inspiration!
Digital Photography School - Photography Forums
Cheers! Gary :BLAA:

Love the moto pics!! Beautifully done!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found that this is a GREAT place to start
Improve Photography

Also, if you want to get into photography, "Understanding Exposure" is a great book.
The only camera I have is on my mobile phone. I might see what Santa brings. Any advice on a starters camera will be greatly appreciated.
I realise that the picture is blurry and not great quality. However, picture this, I was going to start my shift in the ED which is mental this time of year. That sunrise was the most tranquil part of my day.
Still keen to learn though and thanks very much for the link.

Neil

xXxSushanxXx

Reaction score
Visit site
i just joined the site and im still in the process of getting a bike but im a canon shooter.. however i have to use nikon d200-d300s at work... but cant wait to go on some group rides so i can start doing some bike photography...

198236_397683980282696_1577042383_n.jpg

252660_398011516916609_2027842605_n.jpg

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only camera I have is on my mobile phone. I might see what Santa brings. Any advice on a starters camera will be greatly appreciated.
I realise that the picture is blurry and not great quality. However, picture this, I was going to start my shift in the ED which is mental this time of year. That sunrise was the most tranquil part of my day.
Still keen to learn though and thanks very much for the link.

Neil

Mate you are going to get a million & one opinions on what to start with , there will be the usual Canon V Nikon argument & both do a brilliant job but it all come down to personal preference :thumbup:

If it were me advising & complete newbie on what is what I would say you can not go wrong with a Canon 1100d/Rebel T3 (depends on what they call it in your country) twin lens kit :thumbup: Massive bang for buck & as you improve it's compatible with ALL the Canon 'L' series lenses :rockon:

xXxSushanxXx

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate you are going to get a million & one opinions on what to start with , there will be the usual Canon V Nikon argument & both do a brilliant job but it all come down to personal preference :thumbup:

If it were me advising & complete newbie on what is what I would say you can not go wrong with a Canon 1100d/Rebel T3 (depends on what they call it in your country) twin lens kit :thumbup: Massive bang for buck & as you improve it's compatible with ALL the Canon 'L' series lenses :rockon:

i would tell them to get a 40d.. since it have some weather protection... cant really take advantage of everything a L lens if your body isnt water resistant...

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a lot of bodies out there that spend their whole life sitting in a closet. I just found a used Nikon F5 that doesn't looks like it was ever turned on. It was a terrible idea to get, because now I want a D3 or D3X because of how nice it handles.

f5.jpg

SAW_9893.jpg

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

See the argument you has caused already Nelly :spank: :BLAA:

Yeah! I got a Sony a550 because I already had a Minolta mount Tamron lens. It's a starter DSLR for me and works well. Used body for half the price of new and no problems whatsoever. If I were a pro or even thinking about making money off my shots I'd move up but since I don't aspire to be I'm fine with what I have (for now).