Photography Thread !!!

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Those are some nice crisp fireworks shots bryanwny... I have only ever tried fireworks once and that was with a tripod, remote release and longish exposures.. The results were petty bad as the bust of light as the fireworks explode over-expose the shot... This was best of the lot

IMG_2614.JPG

Id say hand held seems better... So ill give that a try

@Humperdinkel :- I see a slight tendency to over expose in your shots.... if thats not on purpose then try to drop your exposure by a step or two. Software post processing can add a step of light if needed, but removing light is near impossible... If it is on purpose then i'll stfu and :spank: myself... :BLAA:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@Humperdinkel :- I see a slight tendency to over expose in your shots.... if thats not on purpose then try to drop your exposure by a step or two. Software post processing can add a step of light if needed, but removing light is near impossible... If it is on purpose then i'll stfu and :spank: myself... :BLAA:

Thanks for the heads up mate C&C is very much appreciated... I really must learn how to use Photoshop & give what you say a go :thumbup:

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are some nice crisp fireworks shots bryanwny... I have only ever tried fireworks once and that was with a tripod, remote release and longish exposures.. The results were petty bad as the bust of light as the fireworks explode over-expose the shot...

Id say hand held seems better... So ill give that a try

I wouldn't think your issue has anything to do with handheld vs tripod. I think it's an issue of long shutter times combined with too many fireworks blowing up in the shot. I noticed that if I tried getting really long exposures that had multiple bursts in the pic (like the grand finale), they looked like a damn mess of light, as you said. I'm going to mess around next time with some sort of a black card to put it in front of the lens to limit the flooding of light, but still capture multiple bursts with the longer exposure time. I remember reading a "tip" about it 15 mins before I was leaving last year, but I didn't try it as I had just crammed enough other information quickly into my brain lol.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@Humperdinkel :- I see a slight tendency to over expose in your shots.... if thats not on purpose then try to drop your exposure by a step or two

What do you reckon ?? Better or still a little over exposed :don'tknow: Im happy to take any suggestions onboard coz im still learning :thumbup:

IMG_1010_wm.jpg

IMG_0920_wm.jpg

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of awesome photos in here gals & guys!!! Here are a few of my shots from all the areas of photography I enjoy:

5300592743_f8be4d9eaa_b.jpg

motorcycle_racing_2_by_aguyonabike-d3ec8dr.jpg

ready_to_roll_by_aguyonabike-d3ec8mz.jpg

6297379943_1965b5e8af_b.jpg

shatza_1_by_aguyonabike-d4dgj83.jpg

grapes_and_aggression_mix_well_by_aguyonabike-d4dill4.jpg

5832678585_54ee11a909_b.jpg

conqueror_of_yellow_by_aguyonabike-d4e2g91.jpg

I don't wanna flood this thread so if anyone is interested you can check out my port @ Art Shots | Facebook

Cheers! :)

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
Some EXCELLENT photos there, zmeiaspas! Now stop making the rest of us look like we're amateurs!! Errr, I am. Carry on!!! :) Inspirational to say the least!

EDIT: In that first pic, in the dark night sky, are all those spots from crap on your lens or sensor? I have one blue and one red pixel that appear consistently in my shots and it's starting to annoy me :) Pretty easy to remove in Photoshop, and it's only noticeable where in a dark area such as yours above.

Last edited:

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
What do you reckon ?? Better or still a little over exposed :don'tknow: Im happy to take any suggestions onboard coz im still learning :thumbup:

IMG_1010_wm.jpg

IMG_0920_wm.jpg
In the first one.. the flowers are washed out a bit.. too much fill flash maybe?

The second one is just perfect... its now my desktop intact.. awesome job !

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the first one.. the flowers are washed out a bit.. too much fill flash maybe?

The second one is just perfect... its now my desktop intact.. awesome job !

Thanks mate , i'll have a play around with the 1st one :thumbup:

And I am truely honoured that my photo is you desktop :eek: :Flash: thankyou for the compliment :rockon:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Some EXCELLENT photos there, zmeiaspas! Now stop making the rest of us look like we're amateurs!! Errr, I am. Carry on!!! :) Inspirational to say the least!

EDIT: In that first pic, in the dark night sky, are all those spots from crap on your lens or sensor? I have one blue and one red pixel that appear consistently in my shots and it's starting to annoy me :) Pretty easy to remove in Photoshop, and it's only noticeable where in a dark area such as yours above.

Those are just stars but I do have a lot of crap on my sensor that I never get around to clean up. My last camera used to have a few dead pixels that appeared on all shots but I just ignored them too although it is annoying when you know they're there :)

Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bloody hell Dan. Mike says it's a kangaroo cat! LOL

BTW, you trying for a zoo in Race View? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I swear kittens get pumped with some sort of wacky juice and it takes about 10 months for them to come down off it. Dan we will all happily wait for a follow up video.
I love what cats do, some of the funniest stuff on the interweb is kittens

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I swear kittens get pumped with some sort of wacky juice and it takes about 10 months for them to come down off it. Dan we will all happily wait for a follow up video.
I love what cats do, some of the funniest stuff on the interweb is kittens

Kittens are such a sweet animal to watch play , there is something soothing about them :thumbup:

There will be heaps of video & if you want me to share then thats what I shall do ;)

She is sitting here on the computer desk with me & going mental at the F5 key , all other keys are fine except that one :D This is my 4th attempt at posting because I ( more she ) have discovered the F5 key deletes all you have typed INSTANTLY :D :rof:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Kittens are such a sweet animal to watch play , there is something soothing about them :thumbup:

There will be heaps of video & if you want me to share then thats what I shall do ;)

She is sitting here on the computer desk with me & going mental at the F5 key , all other keys are fine except that one :D This is my 4th attempt at posting because I ( more she ) have discovered the F5 key deletes all you have typed INSTANTLY :D :rof:

One of our former foster puppies decided that the S key needed a good smack. Now it only works part of the time. I have to "edit" about 20% of the words that have "s"s in them! LOL

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of our former foster puppies decided that the S key needed a good smack. Now it only works part of the time. I have to "edit" about 20% of the words that have "s"s in them! LOL

Our "kids" do the darndest things sometimes :D She is just the sweetest little thing & I love watching her personality grow every day :thumbup: