Photography Thread !!!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife & I went to the grand finale of her Michelle Bridges 12WBT challenge last night & our youngest son took some pics for us :thumbup: I was stoked with these 2 & thought I would share :D :rockon: :rockon:

_MG_4984.jpg

_MG_4946.jpg

WOW !!!
Photobucket strips the quality out of things :( :spank: :spank:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A beautiful day in NorCal so I decided to work on my street photography skills while getting some fresh air.

Lunch for One
PA-Lunch_web_zps418b40b0.jpg

Errant Dog
PA-Dog_web_zpsb5266cf6.jpg

Hello Kitty iPhone
PA-Hello-Kitty-iPhone_web_zpse4ec6aa4.jpg

Empty Tables
PA-table-and-chairs_web_zps3770aec5.jpg

Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been fed up with photobucket taking a gigantic dump on image quality and reducing the resolution to 1024 for a while.

Found this: Minus - Share simply.

They allow uploads without registration and do allow hotlinking. Reviews say they don't reduce image quality at all.

Check out the my updated shots here, reposted 1440 pixels wide on minus:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...de-fz6-first-2013-season-ride.html#post524175

:rockon: It's 2013 and we can have sharp images! :rockon:

Added sample:
iK206egWp6VUt.JPG

D

Dave.TX

I use photobucket for hotlinking pics on forums like this one but not to store my photos. For that I use my computer and a hard drive. I back them up once in a while on DVD's, they don't crash or get corrupted if you store them.

Eric, I see your GoPro pics and they forever immortalize you having fun. I saw that white stuff in a movie once. We rarely get any where I'm at in central Texas but used to in the mountains of San Diego, CA, where I grew up. I miss that.

Just mounted my Contour GPS camera to my helmet. One of the two settings (using a 1-2 switch on the camera) is for still photos and I have it set for every 5 seconds. Will test it out tomorrow on my ride to meet the fellas for lunch. One of my friends got run off the road a couple of weeks ago, bent both wheels on his C14 and destroyed both tires. He got it back this week. Well after that little incident he started wearing his GoPro3 on his helmet and recording every time he rides. Cost to repair his bike was over $2000 but thankfully the other guy's insurance paid for it. Had he not taken a pic of the guy's license plate with his cell phone all would have been lost as no one stopped to assist or be a witness and the guy did drive off.

I know that is a little off topic for this thread. Next month I'll be visiting San Diego with my fiancee and her 17yo daughter for a week. We'll be at the Zoo and see the USS Midway among other things. I hope to get A LOT of pics!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday was our local Lights On The Hill Convoy & it may well be my first paid photography job !!! :cheer: :cheer: Lights On The Hill is a national memorial that pays tribute to Australian truck drivers killed on the job & the convoy is how we do it :D

Here is a few of my fav pics , now I just wait & see if Big Rigs want to print any :thumbup:

8499295829_4fe9c68e4e_z.jpg
[/url] IMG_8177 by humperdinkel, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_8167 by humperdinkel, on Flickr

IMG_8164 by humperdinkel, on Flickr

IMG_8116 by humperdinkel, on Flickr

D

Dave.TX

Congratulations on moving up to "pro" status and getting paid! The shots look good. I'm figuring you used HDR to process as the colors really jump out. The red on the BSA Transport truck really pops and the chrome looks airbrushed with the brightly reflected colors. The event sounds cool, must've been a real treat to see!

The "Mean Intentions" truck and a couple others have firearms on them. Aren't those illegal in your country? Ha!

In Texas the customized dually pickups with 4 doors, etc, are called Cowboy Cadillacs. These rigs, there's a lot of money and customization going into a few of them. I'd say they're Trucker Cadillacs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Visit site
Do "twenty year old film prints, scanned into the computer" count as photography? :BLAA:
Photos may have been from an old Kodak p/s, but more likely the old Nikon that I had.

Waterfall near Woodstock covered bridge in Vt.
ioWKuPfUoF2Z0.jpg

Traveling in the car, somewhere in northern Vermont after a major rain-storm.
iKqyPu4qUe63N.jpg

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Australian International Airshow this weekend in Melbourne !!!! & there are 2 members in attendance , Fz6Jason & myself :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Can not wait till I fly down tomorrow morning & get stuck in :D

Being such an important event I decided I should treat myself to one of these :eek: :BLAA: :BLAA:

CUTCanonlensEF%20100400mm%20f455%20Front.ashx

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I took this picture the other day, which I really like. The dog was called crazy and spent the day following her owner as he gave us a tour of the jungle.

D

Dave.TX

Gee, Humpy, that's a nice little lens there. One day I'll get something similar for my Sony camera.

Took this today of a small red bud tree in my front yard. Angle isn't the greatest and the buds are just starting to come out. In another week or two hopefully it'll be in better bloom

DSC00004_zps94c3a163.jpg

I fixed up the JPEG a little to enhance the color some and add vignetting using Photoscape, a free program. Still wanting to get Lightroom 4. Soon, very soon. I know this doesn't follow the rule of thirds but think it's acceptable.