Phone Txts

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK so my mobile phone company has just given me 2000 free txts to use as part of the package. I'm in my mid 40s so txting is not a big thing in my life. :D

cu latr. :cool:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Then you must not have kids in the 16-30 range! I swear my kids never call me anymore - they just text.

That is SO true!! :rof: My step-daughter (18) rarely answers a phone call. But a TEXT...an answer usually comes in seconds!! I learned to text because of her.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can use them to txt votes to Britain's Got Talent! ;)

Or, are they worth anything to trade for an FZ1?

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hear what your saying but 2000. :eek:

I'm going to have to do 20 a day to use them up. I wonder if you can get "txt miles" :rolleyes:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Give them to my mom and sis. Their record was sending me 100 texts in a single weekend.

I had words with them over that.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
LancasterOnline.com:News:Record texters are all thumbs

From March 7 to April 6, he and Doug Klinger, 30, traded more than 217,000 texts — exceeding by 20 percent the former record of 182,000, set in 2005 by Deepak Sharma in India.
"My thumbs are all right," Andes said. "And I'm pretty fast. … But after the first few days, we were ready to give up. It's extremely time-consuming."
Andes very nearly paid a steep price for the stunt — despite "unlimited texting" on his cell phone plan, he received a thick itemized bill for $26,000 from his service provider.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I usually end up with unlimted text per month. Problem is I can't be bothered to answer all the phone messages I get anyway, so I'm unlikley to send many. To me it just seems like an easy way for my kids to communicate (usually ask for money) without actually having to talk to me :ban: