Performance Data

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank! Very interesting... It seems that the 04 is quicker then the 07???:beer:

Well, data like this has to taken with a grain of salt (so to speak). Different days probably different riders would acount for small variations in times and even HP numbers, but yeah, taken at face value, the data does suggest that the 04 is slightly quicker then the 07.

DeusEx

Reaction score
Visit site
My fz6 naked 2005 is quicker than my brothers fazer 600 faired 2007.
Yamaha programmed the ecu's powercurve slightly different in the > 2007 models to get better mpg and smoother powerband, thats why they are slower...

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if I 100% agree with the data....bikes are different I understand but I have a stock 2004 Fz6 and I've gone over 136 mph....so me being the engineer that I am, I'm always skeptical when i find 1 thing wrong theres probably something else, but like what was stated earlier there were probably different riders with different conditions

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if I 100% agree with the data....bikes are different I understand but I have a stock 2004 Fz6 and I've gone over 136 mph....so me being the engineer that I am, I'm always skeptical when i find 1 thing wrong theres probably something else, but like what was stated earlier there were probably different riders with different conditions

You know about the 7% difference between indicated dash speed and GPS (ie real) speed right?

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
mpg difference looks dramatic:

04- 05 : 39.4 mpg
06-09 : 52.8 mpg

If this is true. I should change my 2004 Fz6 right away.
May be just changing the ecu would be enough.
Or just Co adjustments :)

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mpg difference looks dramatic:

04- 05 : 39.4 mpg
06-09 : 52.8 mpg

If this is true. I should change my 2004 Fz6 right away.
May be just changing the ecu would be enough.
Or just Co adjustments :)

Lol maybe my 09 is really an '04 masquerading as a late model. My lifetime mpg is right at 39!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site

Cap'n is right, speedo error can be anywhere from 5% up to 10% on some bikes. Also, they didn't specify what distance they tested the max speed. I mean, if you only give it a mile, maybe you only get 136mph, but most of us will go as far as the bike is still accelerating, but I'm sure they have some specific max distance that they test within.

Of coarse there is always typo's or human error. On a data collection like this, I think there's always a high possibility of a typo or two. With that being said, any data that is important to you should be corroborated by at least two other sources.

Last edited: