Pazzos, Scottoilers, and other mods

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
While it's been too cold to ride (OK... Nelly does but he's mad!!) I've done all the mods to my FZ6 and written them up to save others fiddling around.

http://bikerhux.blogspot.com/ has all the pictures and words to save me uploading them all into one big post on here, but if you're interested in :-
  • Pazzo levers
  • Scottoilers (sensible I know)
  • Braided brake lines (of the HEL variety)
  • Some pimped up bits to replace standard fasteners
  • The by now infamous BikerDude headlight mod
  • Power outlets
  • How many gallons of tea you can get through in and afternoon in the garage :)

Then wander along to the blogsite. I've taken a lot of ideas from the forums on here about what mods to do (i.e. you must buy pazzos.. buy them now), and I hope the pics help if you're thinking of doing some of them too.

Now the snows melted I can go out and try all these.
Happy riding all :rockon:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I have always been in 2 minds about the scottoilers (and products like em).

When I think about it, I seems to me that constantly (I know its in drops every now and then) dripping thin oil on your chain at sometimes high speed will only result in 2 things:

1. The oil will get thrown off the chain.
2. The oil will smear the rear end of your bike.

I have newer actually tried to use one of these contraptions (I have a good time with the bike on Sunday evenings oiling and cleaning), so I don't know if my suspicion is right.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have always been in 2 minds about the scottoilers (and products like em).

When I think about it, I seems to me that constantly (I know its in drops every now and then) dripping thin oil on your chain at sometimes high speed will only result in 2 things:

1. The oil will get thrown off the chain.
2. The oil will smear the rear end of your bike.

I have newer actually tried to use one of these contraptions (I have a good time with the bike on Sunday evenings oiling and cleaning), so I don't know if my suspicion is right.
I used to have a Loobman manual oiler on my GPZ500S and got rid of it in the end. I used lovely goopy 90w oil and it still got on my tyres after 2-3 days. I didn't like that. Lube sticks better and is only a little bit more effort to clean off with paraffin. I imagine the Scottoiler device and oil (they use some kind of non-oily goop they made themselves) is better but it also costs a whole lot more. I'd rather just spray on chain lube once a week! :)

Oh, and huxy: I like your point about removing the fuse for the lighter socket when working on it! I forgot to do that on mine and was puzzling for a bit before I remembered to check the fuse! Obviously cutting through both the positive and negative wires at the same time with a pair of metal wire-cutters while they're connected to the battery is a silly idea! :D

Last edited:

yogi bear

Reaction score
Visit site
Huxy,

Cheers...........You just solved a lot of head scratching for me with trying to figureout how to connect into the vac system on my FZ6 S2 to fit a scottoiler.:thumbup: