Pazzo Levers worth the $$$???

Which Mod should I do to my bike??

• Definetelly do the Pazzo Levers (list color combinations)

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Do the R6 Fork/Bake upgrade

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Other mod please post

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1

Did you take the stock bushing out of your factory lever and insert it into the PAZZO lever?

I believe the bushing is only on the clutch side and that one seems fine. My slop is on the brake side and it seems to be mostly from the lever to the adjuster block which is all part of Pazzo.

watermark.php

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought here....have you tried tightening the self-locking nut under the adjuster lever? Perhaps it wasn't tightened/torqued properly at the factory.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok...I checked the vertical play in my long Pazzo brake lever and it's minimal...certainly not as much as you are showing in the photos. I suggested tightening the screw/locknut on the adjuster lever, but the play is actually in the main attaching screw. It's not enough to worry about, and certainly doesn't affect their performance.
On the clutch side, yes...the ball end does contact the ends of the grips/bar ends, but that's only when the lever is fully pulled back. Again, I don't see this as an issue...I hardly ever pull the clutch lever fully back to the bars.

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
yep, after two months of use, i would have to say they are a smart purchase. but...mostly for looks? i honestly cant say they make a discernable difference in what they do. which is disengaging the clutch, and applying the brake. really.

now, rizoma rear sets on the other hand.....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yep, after two months of use, i would have to say they are a smart purchase. but...mostly for looks? i honestly cant say they make a discernable difference in what they do. which is disengaging the clutch, and applying the brake. really.

now, rizoma rear sets on the other hand.....

I like how my fingers fit in the notch better than the stock levers. I also moved them in, towards the center of the bike about 3/8ths of an inch or so, not resting up against the controls. They fit my hands perfectly so I have better feel of the clutch and the brake. Also lube your cables up well. That helps a lot too. MadMan has a nice post on the cable lubing tools.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of updates on my Pazzo's as I am now starting to get some miles on the bike (thank you sun god!).

Firstly, I had to make a new brass bushing for the brake lever side to remove the slop. I did this after I had emailed Pazzo directly and did not get a response. The inner hole was drilled to 0.201" diameter when it should have been 0.193". I did finally get a response from Markus @ Pazzo and he appologized for the bushing and they would look into the manufacturing process to tighten up the tolerance of that bushing. He took down my mailing address and shirt size and sent me some swag for all my troubles! :thumbup: Pazzo is in Langley B.C.! I didn't know they were Canadian, eh. Kudos for Pazzo. Great service.

The testing. I bought the long blacks with the blue tabs for both sides and have this to say. I'm glad I did choose them over the shorties even though I'm a two finger guy and all my mountian bikes have short levers on them.

Yesterday bombing around town up and down on the gears, my left hand was starting to get sore from squeezing. Sure the muscles will build up over time, but the longer clutch lever (for leverage) is required for me to overcome the clutch spring tension, not sure how I would have lasted on the shorties. Yamaha should have options to change out the clutch spring for different tensions, if you ask me.

The brake side being also long could have been a shorty since again I two finger it. Nice to have the long as Boneman said once upon a time, if I need a whole lot of brake, all 4 fingers are going to be on it. My hands are small enough that I probably could have squeezed them on the length of a shorty.

All in all, I love them, the adjustable reach on the clutch side is mint :thumbup: and overall I like the looks. Good stuff.

:rockon:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with your choice of the long levers for both sides, particularly for the FZ6. I initially installed shorties but one ride was enough to make me realize that the clutch was going to be a bear to operate after a while, even with a lot of "practice"....my left wrist couldn't have taken it.
The adjustability of the Pazzo clutch lever is the deal-maker for these excellent levers on an FZ6.

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
to OP, i would've first suggest the R6 fork/brake mod. but with Pazzos recent announcement of upping their prices $20, grab them now while you still can. R6 forks will always be around, and there will be a source for the shim kits... somehow, someone, somewhere out there.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have large hands and the shorties work fantastically. I would not have it any other way :thumbup:
2390077787_db8f5cc8db.jpg

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I have large hands and the shorties work fantastically. I would not have it any other way :thumbup:
2390077787_db8f5cc8db.jpg

Quick question whats the sock like thing over the brake fluid for? I've seen a few people do this and am curious, thx. The Pazzo's look siiick! The shorty's make me think of a small T-Rex arm, haha.

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to kind of gravedig, but I have a guy that would sell me a set of Pazzos (short clutch, long brake) for about $90. Would that be a good deal? I personally don't like the OEM levers, but I am unsure about buying the cheapo Chinese copies from Ebay. (the shipping time is really long too)

Sadly the levers and adjustors are in black, but I figure functionality over looks.

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
I've used the "Cheapo" levers from eBay on both of my bikes, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Not really sure what warrants $160 for a set of levers... I got the ones that fold if the bike goes down, they are very smooth to operate, and are well made.

Only complaint I have was the anodizing on the red levers I had on my other bike faded from sun exposure, but this seems to be common.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Pazzo Levers or R6 Fork/Brake mod???

I have the cheapos as well and I totally agree with the conclusion that the work fine. Sadly, I also agree with the fading issue. I have black levers and have fading on the clutch side. Still, I think I would buy another set before I went for expensive levers.