Pazzo Levers worth the $$$???

Which Mod should I do to my bike??

• Definetelly do the Pazzo Levers (list color combinations)

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Do the R6 Fork/Bake upgrade

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Other mod please post

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
i haven't voted yet but maybe the R.T. springs in the stock forks will leave you with enough bread to get the pazzo's sooner. good luck!

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit that I haven't really noticed any deficiences yet with my FZ6's stock suspension. The stock Dunlop tires have a funny "squirrely" feel on uneven pavement or when encountering "road snakes" (longitudenal tar repairs), but I'm fairly certain that's not the suspension's fault. I know that I don't push myself or my bike anywhere close to our collective limits, but I don't ride it like it's a Lambretta either.
I am inclined to invest in a "better" set of tyres first before performing suspension mods. But that's just me. Oh, and more bling. :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit that I haven't really noticed any deficiences yet with my FZ6's stock suspension. The stock Dunlop tires have a funny "squirrely" feel on uneven pavement or when encountering "road snakes" (longitudenal tar repairs), but I'm fairly certain that's not the suspension's fault. I know that I don't push myself or my bike anywhere close to our collective limits, but I don't ride it like it's a Lambretta either.
I am inclined to invest in a "better" set of tyres first before performing suspension mods. But that's just me. Oh, and more bling. :D

I think it really depends on how much you weigh, how hard you ride and what kind of ride you like (firm vs. softer). I weigh 175lbs w/o gear and what I consider a moderate pace in the twisties I was bottoming the fork out while braking. I agree that a good set of tires on a bike or car can totally transform the vehicle. For me, the fork was simply too soft and the damping not there for how I like a front end to feel. Everyone on is a rare and special snowflake. :D

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
I went for the first ride of the new year after I installed the Power Commander USB III, it works as advertised with no problems at all. I put Scorpion exhaust and a K&N air filter on late last year and opened up the inlet on the air box cover while installing the Power Commander.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pictures are worth a thousand words. The levers looks really mint! What am I missing here, do you now have a set of long and short levers? :confused:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes...two sets of Pazzo's: one short one long.
I originally ordered a pair of long levers just before Christmas. When I went to pick them up, in the box were short levers. I took them anyway because they looked so cool. :D
I didn't get a chance to try them out until last sunday, which was my first ride since parking the bike last November. I liked the brake side, but found the short clutch lever became a real pain after a half hour or so of city riding. Old age is a bitch. :(
I ordered another set, and got the correct long ones this time. I installed them this morning (hence the 2 sets of pictures) and found them to be perfect for me. :)

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey bd43...no, I ordered them through Bill at 5th Gear here in Richmond. I've tried ordering direct from Pazzo (20 km's away...) but they don't deal direct (or answer emails, btw), only through Distributors. They're the same price ($170), so that's ok.

Data

What town am I in?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The March issue of 'Motorcycle Consumer News' has a nice review of Pazzo and CRG levers. It basically says that both brands work just fine, but the CRG's seem to have a better finish level. It's worth a read.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, they showed up in the mail today. :D First impressions....., sweet. Haven't had a chance to put them on but here are a couple of pictures.

watermark.php

These are the black longs with the blue tabs. :rockon:

watermark.php

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, installed them tonight but haven't taken them on the road yet, but some comments already. I found my brake lever has a bit of vertical slop as compared to the stock one, as if the machining or a bushing within isn't to spec.. Not impressed with that. Anyone else experience this or do I have a reject one? On the clutch lever side, just based on the straight lever arm shape and the balled end protruding more rearward, it actually touches the handlebar end, metal on metal. Not great either and is probably going to see some wear at that contact point. :(

Here are some pics....

watermark.php

Clutch lever comparison - stock vs Pazzo

watermark.php

Front brake lever comparison - stock vs Pazzo

watermark.php

Before - stock clutch lever

watermark.php

After - Pazzo clutch lever

Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the slop I was talking about on the brake lever side. It's about 3/8" play. Does anyone else have this kind of play? The last picture is just to show that when the clutch lever is squeezed all the way, the balled end hits the handlebar end cap. Any of this a big deal? :(

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got those exact same levers in the shorties, so I can't speak to the clutch lever hitting the bar end. But there's NO WAY you should have that much play in your brake lever. Good lord, that's ridiculous. I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago and they fit better than the stock levers. I'd contact the business that you got them from and see what you can do about it.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the slop I was talking about on the brake lever side. It's about 3/8" play. Does anyone else have this kind of play? The last picture is just to show that when the clutch lever is squeezed all the way, the balled end hits the handlebar end cap. Any of this a big deal? :(

I missed your comments until now. I'll check my bike tomorrow and compare my Pazzo's with yours. I'm pretty sure that the up and down play is not there....I don't know about the ball end of the clutch lever hitting the bar ends, but I (personally) wouldn't worry about that. I don't pull the lever all the way to the bar anyhow. I'll let you know.