Pazzo lever condition

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Over this week I purchased a pair of Pazzo levers, one brand new (yet to arrive), and one second hand (off a power seller on ebay). The clutch (Second hand) arrived today and I am a bit disappointed with the condition - considering I was told "great condition". I have also owned pazzo levers in the past, and have never had any problem with the colour scratching off.

Essentially on almost every edge, the black paint has come away - is this something to be expected? Am I being overly fussy? I paid 55 GBP for the second hand clutch (20 GBP less than a new one).

I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Regards,

Si

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This falls into the general category of buying used things online. Everyone has a different definition of "great condition". That's why it is so critical to ask for detailed pictures, if they're not provided in original ad or auction.. especially if you're a bit fussy.

If it bothers you that much, you can certainly contact seller and state that condition is not as expected and if he is a good ebayer, he'll offer you a refund, but it'll be up to you to cover shipping cost.

Do you have a link to original auction?

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
I have decided to keep them. The new "ex display" model actually had a chip in it as well. I touched both up with a bit of black nail varnish (I am sure some people would scream at me for doing this) and they look ok, considering the discounts I got on them.

Fitted them to the bike this morning and very happy with the performance of them, which is ultimately what I bought them for.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not 100% positive; but it almost looks to me like that lever is a Pazzo Knock-off. A true Pazzo has the brand name etched into the underside of the lever; the fakes do not. May be worth looking into.

Pazzo:
4847051100_5ac7410e70.jpg

Last edited:

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not 100% positive; but it almost looks to me like that lever is a Pazzo Knock-off. A true Pazzo has the brand name etched into the underside of the lever; the fakes do not. May be worth looking into.

This was my feeling initially, however I believe only the brake lever has the pazzo logo (which mine does).

Regards,

Si

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This was my feeling initially, however I believe only the brake lever has the pazzo logo (which mine does).

Regards,

Si

Yes, I just replaced my clutch lever after my original Pazzo broke from the bike tipping over, noticed that the color will fade over the years. But look where my bike was at, sitting in the sun in Vegas.