Paris

goanookie

Reaction score
Gent - Belgium, Paris - France, Oslo - Norway, Gro
Visit site
Hi,

long time ago since I've posted something, but the title might explain why. Work sent me to Paris for the last 3 months and driving a cage is completely nuts in Paris.

But what is even more nuts are all those bikers, driving from the hotel or to the customer is each time a delight for the eyes. Literally lost count how many FZ6 I've spotted. Not to mention all the other ones :Sport:

I dare a lot but I've got to admit driving in Paris with FZ6 is something I don't dare ...

So the question is how many of you would dare it?

Greets
Peter

MoMo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate, :)

I have to admit that it scared me at the beginning.

I start to drive in Paris and on the "periph" (some kind of highway around the city to go faster, I don't know how you guys say that in english :/). First I went slow and took confidence I shouldn't have taken.

After a crash because of a car that went in front of me, I started to go again. Now I always take care (I mean mostly). You get used to it.
Inside Paris I just go easy.

I don't know other big cities except Sydney, Australia, I would say it's much easier/safer to drive there than in Paris.

I think the most important is to take your time, even if 10 motorcycles are on your bike. They wait behind you, it might avoid one to get into trouble 200m forward. :thumbup:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I do not really have much experience riding my bike in big cities with lots of traffic. If I must do it I'll do it, I would not volunteer initially to it because it is seems you do not have enough eyes to keep up with everybody around you and simple fender-bender will have far worse results on a bike.

Having said that, I feel the riders that do this on a daily basis are more of a different kind of bread!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoMo

Reaction score
Visit site
I simply not do it for pleasure but it takes me 1hour return daily instead of 3 hours by train.

This is just much better to ride in countryside road, no doubt!

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my bike to brussels (paris is a step up from that i'm sure) for a long time but i stopped doing it because i just didnt enjoy riding anymore after a while.
+ The number of cars with dents and missing parts got me thinking too much. (don't even want to start thinking of the state of their insurance)

Did lose a footpeg once when a car tried to cut into a lane while i was lanesplitting ... that was "fun"

Cities ... in general i don't have a problem driving in them but if i have the option, rather not :)