Palomar ride - teaser video

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so after the 400 amazing miles today I was exhausted. That Red Bull I drank before the last leg home hit me hard and while I was too tired to go out, I was too awake to sleep. Had a lot of fun with the video from our ride and came up with this short fun little teaser:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz1i-o1877E]YouTube - Palomar ride 9.12.09 - FZ6-forum.com[/ame]

I'll steal the pics that have been posted and put them to music along with more video at some point, but it probably won't be as flashy as this. Then again, who knows what insomnia will lead to next weekend...

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow the teaser looks cool, how do you add in the lettering and title page.

You must have a really nice camera, what type is it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've watching this for a week! Love it!
I owe you a big apology for not getting you vid from my cam. I have it on DVD to snail mail...

Really great editing!:rockon:

Cliff

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm going to get sick. I missed the Polomar ride that weekend. I went riding last weekend with a Honda cruiser---I don't think he could've gone any slower on the twisty, windee highway 128 in NorCal. I had to stop several times (and I was already going too, way too slow). Now, this video comes out. I'm gonna get sick. Thanks for nothing!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm going to get sick. I missed the Polomar ride that weekend. I went riding last weekend with a Honda cruiser---I don't think he could've gone any slower on the twisty, windee highway 128 in NorCal. I had to stop several times (and I was already going too, way too slow). Now, this video comes out. I'm gonna get sick. Thanks for nothing!

I hate to hurt your feelings but....Yeah! We had fun! Next time which could be close we'll call you. I mean why would we do this once a year?

Thanks,
Cliff

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to hurt your feelings but....Yeah! We had fun! Next time which could be close we'll call you. I mean why would we do this once a year?

Thanks,
Cliff

I was thinking it would be pretty neat if you could combine the Southern Ca members with the Northern members by arranging a group ride somewhere in the middle of the state.

I was googling and noticed that there is a very impressive set of twisties on Hwy 198 East of Fresno. Has anyone hit that stretch of road?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Lake+Kaweah&daddr=CA-198%2FGenerals+Hwy+to:CA-180+to:S+Hwy-245%2FCA-245+to:Avenue+460%2FCA-63&hl=en&geocode=Fa55KwIdCobo-A%3BFZbsLQId1abr-A%3BFVpNMAIdrzvo-A%3BFWCvLwIdIuTn-A%3BFSHYLgIdOY7j-A&mra=ls&sll=36.638672,-119.254875&sspn=0.055235,0.168743&ie=UTF8&ll=36.437856,-119.123383&spn=0.443027,1.349945&t=h&z=10

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking it would be pretty neat if you could combine the Southern Ca members with the Northern members by arranging a group ride somewhere in the middle of the state.

I was googling and noticed that there is a very impressive set of twisties on Hwy 198 East of Fresno. Has anyone hit that stretch of road?

Hmmmm! I'd pack my tent and sleeping bag and look like "Bronson":rockon:

Cliff

Then Came Bronson Opening Narrative:
(Jim Bronson stops his motorcycle at a red light. An automobile pulls up in the next lane. There is much traffic noise.)

Man in Car: Taking a trip?
Jim Bronson: What's that? (He yelled over the traffic)
Man in car: Taking a trip? (Now also yelling)
Jim Bronson: Yeah!
Man in car: Where to?
Jim Bronson: Oh, I don't know. Wherever I end up, I guess.
Man in car: Man, I wish I was you.
Jim Bronson: Really?
Man in car: Yeah!
Jim Bronson: Well, hang in there.

(Then the traffic light turns green and both men drive off)

Attachments

• thencamebronson.jpg
    thencamebronson.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow the teaser looks cool, how do you add in the lettering and title page.

You must have a really nice camera, what type is it.

Thanks everyone! I used Final Cut Pro for the editing and titles, it's a bit over the top, but that kind of thing happens at 3am on a Sunday, haha.

The camera used is the GoPro Wide, which does a great job for the price! (Thanks again LERecords :thumbup:) Only thing is the wide angle isn't so great for group rides since it makes other riders look waaaaaaay further off than they really are. Other than that, I had an issue with one of the screws on the mount and missed a good chunk of the ride, but that was my fault, really. :(

I started a new job just after I posted this and have been too busy/tired to work on the rest yet, but I will soon!! Thanks nccoder, I'll PM you my address. Wavex, thanks for emailing the stills, they'll come in handy once I finally have an afternoon or three to play with this stuff again :thumbup:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
My pleasure... awesome video btw... now get to work and get us the final version! :D

(I say that and I am still slacking editing the video from a trackday we did months ago....)