Painted Vs. Puig

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
I might try this...but use "plasticoat" paint...it's removable if you want to change it or don't like it. Just peels off apparently.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! :cheer:

Guys, how sturdy is the paint? It would suck if it started to chip off after a while.

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! :cheer:

Guys, how sturdy is the paint? It would suck if it started to chip off after a while.

Krylon painted on the inner surface on the windshield, I'd imagine would be pretty well protected. As for the plasticoat paint, I have a coworker that painted his mags on his Elantra. Still looks good. The only issues are the lug nut holes where his wrench likely scuffed the paint post application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Krylon painted on the inner surface on the windshield, I'd imagine would be pretty well protected. As for the plasticoat paint, I have a coworker that painted his mags on his Elantra. Still looks good. The only issues are the lug nut holes where his wrench likely scuffed the paint post application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What about washing it? Here in BC, there are huge, sticky bugs splattered all over the place, even on the inside of the windshield.

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
I painted mine and did several coats of clear but after a while the bugs and dirt, rocks from cars will start to chip it. may just have to do it once a summer, but they look better painted than the puig.