Painted stock windscreen.

blakhaus

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Puig double bubble windscreen on my 05 FZ6 for about six months when it cracked in between the lights for no apparent reason. I wanted to replace it with the stock screen because I like the looks and the durability of it. I wanted a dark look because I have the silver/black color scheme. So I went to my local hobby store and purchased 2 cans of polycarbonate paint; Outlaw Black to be precise, and proceeded to paint the inside of the stock windscreen. The only prep I did was to wipe out the inside of the screen with rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth. I used no masking material, I simply held the windscreen in my hand and sprayed with the other hand. Upon completion I waited about 15 minutes and mounted the windscreen to my trusty steed. It looks amazing!! I finished it off with a chrome gel dome Yamaha emblem right where the stamped one would be. I also put another emblem on the back of the bike between the seat and taillight. I have had the screen on for about 2 weeks now and it still looks great! I park my bike in the hot sun all day at work. It hasn't effected the finish at all. I can still polish the exterior with plastic cleaner/polish. Don't even notice that I can't see thru it!! LOL

JPH

Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously though. I am doing that to my GF's Katana this weekend. Silver though. I'd like to see yours. Hers will get posted on Kat-Riders. :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i did the same thing on my old bike, but i want to eventually get some on-board video for this one so the painting makes it impossible...

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
"I don't smoke, drink, gamble, do drugs, or consort with women of easy virtue; I just ride motorcycles."

What happens if you do all five/six of these? ;)
I do, I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

SergeantG1

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm joining the group for some pics.

I was thinking about the dark smoke Puig screen, but it would great if I could get away with just a can of spray paint.