Painted Sidecases? (Givi V35)

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting Givi V35's for my red '06. Has anybody tried painting these or having them painted by a pro? I would like to have them matched to my bike.

Any guesses on what it cost to have a pro source the paint and do the work?

I am hoping to end up with a factory sport touring look in the end.
Kinda like this red Connie.... only not a Connie.
20070d1212788333-red-concours-zg-1400-dscf5368.jpg

The Givi V35's look like this btw..
GIVI-V35N902.jpg

Thanks!
-Tony

A

Aggietaco

Wow. Impressive!

So, I take it you can buy them that way? Or did you do that?

I only saw black, gray and silver available.

I actually bought those from a fellow in the PNW. He had them painted at a local shop with help in matching the colors from a PPG rep. They used the base gold and then the red topcoat and a clear. Said it ran him about $150 for both cases. Never even had them on his bike due to an early sale because of family reasons.

I'll get some better pictures when I get them on the bike mid to late next week.

You could probably achieve a similar finish with the Colorite paints for about the same cost in materials plus labor to spray it on.

A

Aggietaco

Haven't had a chance to mount the bags yet as the racks just arrived today, but here's a picture of the bags "on" the bike...

2902539015_fb85b5f10a.jpg

Color looks a little off in that picture, but it's spot on.

2903434328_a47eb81105.jpg

:thumbup:

FuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks great! I Definitely want to get the V35's one of these days when I have some spare cash. Post pictures once you get them mounted.

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually bought those from a fellow in the PNW. He had them painted at a local shop with help in matching the colors from a PPG rep. They used the base gold and then the red topcoat and a clear. Said it ran him about $150 for both cases. Never even had them on his bike due to an early sale because of family reasons.

I'll get some better pictures when I get them on the bike mid to late next week.

You could probably achieve a similar finish with the Colorite paints for about the same cost in materials plus labor to spray it on.

I believe the cases are molded polypropylene. Paint does not stick well to polypro. It would be essential to use the right primer to keep the paint from flaking off. Body shops must know what to use since they have to paint so many plastic body parts these days.

A

Aggietaco

Got the bags on today, took a bit longer than I expected, due to the turn signals, but I'll post a thread tomorrow with a semi-detailed install.

2913514736_50f9ef28cd_b.jpg