paint touch up

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
Does ayone know the best way to touch up the tank after a chip of paint came off (rock from truck-no dent !) I have a red '06 FZ6.

Where can I get the necessary paint and what should I do or how to I prepare / fix this ? It's about 1/8 inch in diameter.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Easiest thing would go through colorrite.com. They sell paint that is a perfect match. just search up the fz6, year, and color and it will be there. A touch up pen is 10 bucks if i remember right, should work well. I heard the red blends in a little nicer than the blue does.

I hope this helps

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Mine is black.
I did a touch-up (rock as well), using basic black car spray paint.
I sprayed some of the paint into the lid of the can, and used a que-tip (Not sure it's the right term,- but a stick with cotton balls in the ends) to apply the paint on the tank.

Since our tank is a multi layer paint job "victim", it's impossible to hit the correct tone/sparkle blend, even for a pro.
If you want a perfect result, sandblast the whole tank, and repaint it all.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Reviving an older thread, but I have the same paint fix I want to do on my red 06. A couple paint chips and a couple light scratches, all caused from something that was stuck on my magnetic tank bag. I've been to the color rite site and they have a base for the deep red metallic paint. I know nothing about paint, so should I get the top and the base or just the top? Also, is the same paint used for the tank and the fairing?

Here's a pic of the chips and scratches. A few months ago, I used one of those auto scratch fixers and it didn't help at all. I think it actually made them all more visible.

20130227_052559_zps9e4bf96c.jpg

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
no funnily enough but i was recently looking for a match for couple small grazes on my varadero ....

Hope it helps you though :thumbup:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
no funnily enough but i was recently looking for a match for couple small grazes on my varadero ....

Hope it helps you though :thumbup:

I think it will help, thanks! Though I have no clue what a varadero is... besides a town in cuba... hahaha

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
If i dare say it here its one of these ....
varedero1000_zpsc231d4b2.jpg

Sorry bout pic ...crap phone camera at time :eek:

Honda Varadero ... 1000cc of pure comfort ...

I would ( before i get shot for owning such a thing here :spank: ) still have my beloved FZS if i could afford both ...alas nope :(

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
If i dare say it here its one of these ....
Sorry bout pic ...crap phone camera at time :eek:

Honda Varadero ... 1000cc of pure comfort ...

I would ( before i get shot for owning such a thing here :spank: ) still have my beloved FZS if i could afford both ...alas nope :(

Very cool! We don't have that here in the US. Looks a lot like the Suzuki V-Strom though.