Paid down-payment on new Ninja 1000

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pick it up on Saturday! We sold the Buell and the FZ6 on the same day, 2 hours apart so I hurried up and called the nearest dealership that had the color I wanted and paid a deposit over the phone.

Got this color, I really wanted abs but the nearest one was 6 hours away so I just said fk it when I found a good deal on a non-abs model.

web-ZX1000GCF_92149_side.jpg

It is about 162 miles from my house on a VERY curvy road that I am familiar with so it should be a fun ride. We are riding the ER6N up and then I will ride the 1000 back. It shows rain/thunderstorms on Friday so I hope it dries up for Saturday, if not I guess I will find out how it does in the rain.

I almost went with an orange z1000 but decided at the last minute I would be better off with the Ninja 1000. I like them both about equally on looks.

The road:

162 miles each way, should be a lot of fun. All of the roads are full of curves around here so I should have a good feel of how the bike does, I will be taking it easy though until I am comfortable with it.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE!! You're gonna LOVE this thing! Have you had a chance to ride it? I've demo'd it for 30 minutes and liked it a LOT. It's very similar to FZ1 in terms of power, gearing and ergonomics.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE!! You're gonna LOVE this thing! Have you had a chance to ride it? I've demo'd it for 30 minutes and liked it a LOT. It's very similar to FZ1 in terms of power, gearing and ergonomics.

Lol no I am embarrassed to say. This is my first time buying any bike or car without trying it first,I am trusting the reviews and owner feedback so I hope it is all true. I am a little nervous but I think I will like it. We are going to take our bikes up to Canada in June so hopefully this will be a good match for me. I already miss my fz6 but I wanted to try something different. The 2 kawasaki's we own now are the first kawasaki's we have ever had. I have always had yamaha's and suzuki's.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol no I am embarrassed to say. This is my first time buying any bike or car without trying it first,I am trusting the reviews and owner feedback so I hope it is all true. I am a little nervous but I think I will like it. We are going to take our bikes up to Canada in June so hopefully this will be a good match for me. I already miss my fz6 but I wanted to try something different. The 2 kawasaki's we own now are the first kawasaki's we have ever had. I have always had yamaha's and suzuki's.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a fantastic bike. Just respect the power. At 3k rpm it pulls about the same as FZ6 at 5.5. At 5 it pulls about the same as FZ6 at peak and at 7 things get really interesting :D
No vibration compared to what you're used to. Very tall gearing (barely have to shift).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually looking forward to your pictures with the new bike that you are able to create from your impressive photography skills.

Yeah, I'm the same way with my next bike. Ducati MultiStrada, never ridden it, don't want to demo it, I just know I want it. I haven't read a negative review for the bike yet.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I might pick up a new bike this weekend too. Something must be in the air that a host of new bikes is popping up now, haha.

For me, it's going to be dr650 or vstrom, perhaps.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually looking forward to your pictures with the new bike that you are able to create from your impressive photography skills.

Yeah, I'm the same way with my next bike. Ducati MultiStrada, never ridden it, don't want to demo it, I just know I want it. I haven't read a negative review for the bike yet.

One of my riderCoach friends has one and loves it. Then again, he's been through 7 bikes in the 7 years I've known him and he's loved each one :rof:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site

The new Multi may not be as reliable as you'd like. especially with the kind of mileage you put on bikes, and since you dont have a car. Ive heard from a few trusted mechanics and a Ducati Rep that the new watercooled Multi is only fantastic when its running. but it is fantastic when it is.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll second what ERCI has said so far although I will give you a caution. The torque and gearing down low in the RPMs is a lot, A LOT, stronger than an fz6 and an Fz1 even.

I was on a demo ride and had just taken a right from a light to catch up to the group. I was at about a quarter throttle and the car in front moved over so I opened it up to about 3/4 throttle and the front wheel came up on me a couple feet. I started at about 30 and set the wheel down at 60. Probably started at about 3500 rpm and stopped at about 8000 when I let off, all in first gear

It scared the crap out of me and I'm used to ripping my fz1 throttle wide open in those situations which just launches me forward not up.

Have fun, be safe

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Please remember: new bike, new tires, more power. ALL things that need to be respected.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zNUPDmnz4]Brand new Gixxer crashed - YouTube[/ame]

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the color, just not a big fan of the front fascia; however, it does look 1million times better than a ZX10.. I would be embarrassed riding that thing ;). I went up to the dealer yesterday to see about getting a bike. They only had 1 fz1 on back order. I tried to get a R1 as well , by it didn't work out. Since the FZ is about 4 grand cheaper. We will see.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I've owned 2 Kawasakis (older KZ1000's) and loved them both! Lot's of power and I've seen them in action on South Grade Rd. at Palomar Mountain. They do it all very well! :D

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike, congrats!

Quick question: The Z1000 and Ninja 1000 appear to be identical, save for a 1.0 gallon bigger fuel tank on the Ninja. Any other notable differences besides the $400 in price?

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looling bike, I used to fall in love with the NINJA 100. It's such a cool looking sport touring bike. But I was just not ready for that bike bike yet. However I got myself an 09 FZ6 instead, and I start loving it. Tell us how you like the NINJA latter on. :thumbup:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I would LOVE to have the MultiStrada and I mean LOVE to have one. I look at the thread on advrider almost every day lol.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike, congrats!

Quick question: The Z1000 and Ninja 1000 appear to be identical, save for a 1.0 gallon bigger fuel tank on the Ninja. Any other notable differences besides the $400 in price?

The Z1000 has a half fairing/streetfighter with belly pan appearance and the Ninja 1000 is fully faired. Other than that I think they are pretty close to identical. You can't get ABS on the Z1000

I thought the Ninja 1000 had a slightly harder pull and I pulled an accidental wheelie on it because of that.

D

Dave.TX

I almost fell for the N1000 when I saw it in the showroom, it was all black. Read all sorts of reviews. I love the red and black one best. Don't think I will ever go back to a less-than-liter bike. Mine will run 6th gear fine from 40-165mph. Granted I don't have the Ninja but they are very sweet indeed. Congratulations!