Oxford 1 Saddle bags

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I snagged a practically new set of these saddle bags... The guy had them on his bike for one trip then sold the bike.I picked them up for $40.00 Canadian.

Has anybody installed these bags or something similar to their bike? I don't want to install then find out they are chafeing.... any tips would help (install over or under the seat) they are fully adjustable.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Givi make a specific soft bag rack, very discreet and cheap. I think its the TE25 or something. Its a clever little hoop of black rod that keeps the bags off the indicators and stops them sagging towards the hugger when loaded. I believe they do 2 versions for use with or without the top box rack. Have a look at their site.
I use the Oxford X60's with them.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Givi make a specific soft bag rack, very discreet and cheap. I think its the TE25 or something. Its a clever little hoop of black rod that keeps the bags off the indicators and stops them sagging towards the hugger when loaded. I believe they do 2 versions for use with or without the top box rack. Have a look at their site.
I use the Oxford X60's with them.

Before I made my own, I looked at the Givi's. I didn't want to pay $100 + bucks for something I figured I could make for nearly free. Then I came across Tweaks thread....
:thumbup:

tanman

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I snagged a practically new set of these saddle bags... The guy had them on his bike for one trip then sold the bike.I picked them up for $40.00 Canadian.

Has anybody installed these bags or something similar to their bike? I don't want to install then find out they are chafeing.... any tips would help (install over or under the seat) they are fully adjustable.

I have the same bags I inherited from my old man. They have either 2 or 3 velcro straps that I put over the top of the seat and 2 straps that goes under the tail section of the bike and attaches to the other bag. Ive had mine stuffed to the brim and been absolutely fine but they are a bit saggy :D. Never had any issues with the exhaust (scorpions) melting them but a soft pannier rack would be better than nothing. A few people knock up their own I believe. I use a bit of that grippy dashboard stuff under the straps to stop the other half sliding about the place. The contents of the bags does get a bit warm though. Dan