oulton park track day footage

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's an unedited video from one of my sessions at oulton park

As you can tell I'm most definitely a novice, but seeing myself on video i can see lots of stuff that i can improve on.

n.b. if you click the video you can view it in 720p hd
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGbsyr1_YX0]YouTube - ‪oulton park track day fz6‬‏[/ame]

though my tyres were pretty much trashed by the end of it (and need replacing before i started really)

feedback is welcome :)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
cheers,

one of the other videos has finished processing now too: (slightly shorter as there was a red flag and i forgot to restart the camera)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-c28lvwwDs]YouTube - ‪oulton park on my fz6n‬‏[/ame]

i think i was being quite lazy with my speed and gearing :eek:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How big was your smile! That's the measure of your track day!! :BLAA:

Nice video!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
tbh i didn't really enjoy the first couple of sessions, as i didn't know the track and felt a little bit out of my depth

once i started to understand the corners i got into it more

would really like to get a proper sports bike now, maybe a 750 or 600cc, not sure if a litre bike would be too much... (not that i want to be a straight line hero)

been looking at some gsxr's and rsv's :D

Simona

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a ton of fun. Awesome! Gotta love an fz6 on a racetrack. Before you buy a another bike, check this out... (Fz6 cup, Australian superbike series) Until a year or two ago, there was an fz6 national championship down under. Very respectable lap times considering the low budget nature of the category. I'm in the process of getting my 09 Fz6s track ready for Philip Island. Cant wait.