Ordered my Madstad Shield "Drop-In" Kit for 2009 FZ6

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Pics Added---Ordered my Madstad Shield "Drop-In" Kit for 2009 FZ6

Ordered the kit, which he doesn't have on the site, but is an aluminum black powder coated stock shield replacement with holes for his robobrackets, the robobrackets, black coated stainless steel screws to replace Yamaha's plastic ones, and an 18" dark grey spider shield. Looking forward to this mod as winter approaches.

Mark and I talked at length and he answered all my questions. Should ship late next week after latest batch of aluminum adapter shields comes back from powder coating.

$289.95. Though a little pricey, I figure it's adjustable and I WILL spend most if not all that much trying various shields.....

Edited to add:
Very solid install. I like the powder coated aluminum stock shield replacement. I actually got the plate and brackets a day before the shield, which Madstad drop-shipped from the shield manufacturer. And oh, by the way, not sure I should share, but Mark did not say NOT to, so here goes: The shield came in a Cee Bailey's box with Cee Baileys branded packing tape. Looks like Cee Baileys Aircraft Plastics who makes other fine shields also makes the shield for the Madstad kit. The shield in dark grey is very high quality. Holes drilled were spot on, and the whole shield is nicely beveled. The white sticker has been replaced with a nicely laser engraved "Madstad Engineering". I'm as anal as it gets, and I couldn't find imperfections in the tinting---nice even dark grey.

I don't find the dark grey as TOO dark. I actually installed the brackets too high at first and threw the shield on anyway. Rode to work at O'Dark thirty and looked through the shield alot. Could see fine, but wouldn't do it all the time. Lowered the shield today and it's great. Might still lower it.

I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. The shield in this pic is about at my chin level. I'll try to get pics with me on and add them later. I got lucky with my install and as is I already have a quiet ride with no buffeting and very little noise over my Shoei. There is sound, but it's even and pretty quiet. Here's too many pics.....:cool:

2c6afde8.jpg

b73de56d.jpg

b652c5bc.jpg

1c39f01d.jpg

61e602aa.jpg

375569fd.jpg

133ec74b.jpg

b0c84a10.jpg

75a335c8.jpg

17b2ccb8.jpg

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

Yes, please. You'll prolly have yours before I get mine. I haven't heard back from him on how to purchase it so will try to contact them again. He said he'd get someone to put the order together for me and that's the last I heard from him. When I get mine will also post pics.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I jinxed it. Just talked to Mark Stadnyk, who told me the dark grey is a new product for them, and my shield is delayed at the manufacturer. He was going to email them to try and get a status. Did did offer to send me the other stuff and to drop ship the windshield separately. Good service.

D

Dave.TX

He told me the same, that they have a new company making the screens and there'd be a delay. According to one of his emails they're pretty busy so I don't expect him to answer my emails right away.

D

Dave.TX

Here's the email I got on the 22nd (Thursday):

Hi Dave,

We have your screen on order (not in stock at the moment) but it will be about 10 days before we get it in. Your system is not up on our web site yet so you will have to either call Patty here at the office or she can call you to get your order info. If you want her to call you at a particular time just send your phone# to [email protected]. Your system will be a RoboBracket 3-piece system for the Yamaha FZ6, with a black aluminum adapter plate, RoboBrackets and a 20" Spyder windshield in Light Gray. Patty is getting a copy of this message so she will know what you need. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mark Stadnyk
MadStad Engineering
(352)608-4069
Home - Madstad Engineering

Sounds good to me. I'll be contacting them on Tuesday.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the email I got on the 22nd (Thursday):

Hi Dave,

We have your screen on order (not in stock at the moment) but it will be about 10 days before we get it in. Your system is not up on our web site yet so you will have to either call Patty here at the office or she can call you to get your order info. If you want her to call you at a particular time just send your phone# to [email protected]. Your system will be a RoboBracket 3-piece system for the Yamaha FZ6, with a black aluminum adapter plate, RoboBrackets and a 20" Spyder windshield in Light Gray. Patty is getting a copy of this message so she will know what you need. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mark Stadnyk
MadStad Engineering
(352)608-4069
Home - Madstad Engineering

Sounds good to me. I'll be contacting them on Tuesday.

Thanks. I guess ALL the shields are coming from a new manufacturer. Hopefully mine will be at least in that timeframe too.

D

Dave.TX

Any news, Jeff? They didn't call me back even though I was told they would. I haven't ordered mine yet, funds kinda low at the moment to shell out another $300 on the bike. Just bought boots, those cost $200. Priorities...

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Any news, Jeff? They didn't call me back even though I was told they would. I haven't ordered mine yet, funds kinda low at the moment to shell out another $300 on the bike. Just bought boots, those cost $200. Priorities...

Yeah Dave. Check out the thread from the beginning. Installed. See the pics.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap that's a Godzilla compared to my CalSci shield and I have the second biggest size they sell:eek:
I noticed that it has a huge vertical coverage and it's not even fully extended. Can you take a picture of it with shield up and put it side by side with the shield at it's lowest setting. Thanks. Any buffetting while riding?

D

Dave.TX

I don't suppose you are going to make it to the TWTex pie run in Winchester are you ?? I's like to see your setup in person.

Pie run is this Saturday and I'm still recovering from pneumonia. I'll try to make it out there. I haven't purchased the Madstad yet, instead bought plane tickets to San Diego in December to visit the family and friends. Still eyeing the setup though. It'll be a while before I get it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pie run is this Saturday and I'm still recovering from pneumonia. I'll try to make it out there. I haven't purchased the Madstad yet, instead bought plane tickets to San Diego in December to visit the family and friends. Still eyeing the setup though. It'll be a while before I get it.

Better give me a holla when you hit SD! :D

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site

Hopefully see you Saturday. Look for a black 2009 with a Scotland flag on the windshield. I'll have on my forum shirt !!

Stuart

D

Dave.TX

Better give me a holla when you hit SD! :D

Sure will, Cliff! I'll have use of either my parents truck or their Trailblazer. We'll have to grab lunch! I'll be in Lakeside at their house. My favorites that I HAVE to eat at are Rubio's and In-n-Out Burger. Usually get those twice on visits. We actually have Carl's Jr where I live.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure will, Cliff! I'll have use of either my parents truck or their Trailblazer. We'll have to grab lunch! I'll be in Lakeside at their house. My favorites that I HAVE to eat at are Rubio's and In-n-Out Burger. Usually get those twice on visits. We actually have Carl's Jr where I live.
Do you have El Pollo Loco out there? They've done a terrible thing and added a corn cake side that I just don't need but can't seem to resist! LOL!

See you in a couple O months! :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Pics Added---Ordered my Madstad Shield "Drop-In" Kit for 2009 FZ6

Ordered the kit, which he doesn't have on the site, but is an aluminum black powder coated stock shield replacement with holes for his robobrackets, the robobrackets, black coated stainless steel screws to replace Yamaha's plastic ones, and an 18" dark grey spider shield. Looking forward to this mod as winter approaches.

Mark and I talked at length and he answered all my questions. Should ship late next week after latest batch of aluminum adapter shields comes back from powder coating.

$289.95. Though a little pricey, I figure it's adjustable and I WILL spend most if not all that much trying various shields.....

Edited to add:
Very solid install. I like the powder coated aluminum stock shield replacement. I actually got the plate and brackets a day before the shield, which Madstad drop-shipped from the shield manufacturer. And oh, by the way, not sure I should share, but Mark did not say NOT to, so here goes: The shield came in a Cee Bailey's box with Cee Baileys branded packing tape. Looks like Cee Baileys Aircraft Plastics who makes other fine shields also makes the shield for the Madstad kit. The shield in dark grey is very high quality. Holes drilled were spot on, and the whole shield is nicely beveled. The white sticker has been replaced with a nicely laser engraved "Madstad Engineering". I'm as anal as it gets, and I couldn't find imperfections in the tinting---nice even dark grey.

I don't find the dark grey as TOO dark. I actually installed the brackets too high at first and threw the shield on anyway. Rode to work at O'Dark thirty and looked through the shield alot. Could see fine, but wouldn't do it all the time. Lowered the shield today and it's great. Might still lower it.

I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. The shield in this pic is about at my chin level. I'll try to get pics with me on and add them later. I got lucky with my install and as is I already have a quiet ride with no buffeting and very little noise over my Shoei. There is sound, but it's even and pretty quiet. Here's too many pics.....:cool:

That's an impressive set-up! Reminds me of the VStrom! :D
FZ6 is prettier for sure!