Ordered an FZ1 Headlight

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. Have been messing with the bracket for the last few days. Going to bracket the top of it to the tripple. No ugly fork clamps for me. Bead blasted it today and going to have the tab welded so it won't twist. Then it will get powder coated along with the tripple.

fzinger

Urban Cowboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work! You're gonna love the bike naked! You might consider doing your forks while you've got it apart (if you haven't already)

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. The bracket got powder coated last night. Turned out great. I spent some extra time smoothing out some of the welds and extra metal.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
This thing is finally coming together. Not sure why I'm impatient since it's rainy and cold out. Clutch cable gave me some trouble. I think I got it sorted out, though.

darkrider

Reaction score
Visit site
This thing is finally coming together. Not sure why I'm impatient since it's rainy and cold out. Clutch cable gave me some trouble. I think I got it sorted out, though.

It does look sweet!! Why did the clutch cable give you trouble? Did you have the handlebars off?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow......looks awesome. Nice work - looks better than factory!:rockon:

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Great work! I may need to investigate the upper stay connection idea this winter and lose the fork clamps... :thumbup:

Thanks. Yeah it is very solid this way even though there is only one mounting point up top. I just need some signals, mirrors and weather warm enough to ride in now.:(

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. My Rizoma mirrors just came in, but I think my wife will not let me touch them until Christmas. Can't ride anyway. Today is supposed to get up to 32 degrees here.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally rode the bike today. Has a bit of a different feel to it. I really like not having a windscreen that directs all the air right at my helmet. I think I might be able to ride without earplugs now.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
OK. Update. Got some Rizoma bars. Working on getting the mirrors mounted up. Tapped the brake booster.

Took some comparisson pics for anyone who in interrested in the difference in the bars.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
The bars look good.
It's another one of the things I'm going to change on mine.
I took an XR1200X Harley out on sunday and getting off that and riding mine,it felt like the bars were about a foot wide!